Attendances

1 hour ago, danblakemore said:

Not while games are all classes as category A 

i dont think £26 on the kop in 2021 is too high . it costs £13 to what rubbish in the cinema nowadays .if it was a price thing why did we get a pathetic attendance against plymouth tenner adult, fiver u21 that was mainly because most fans nowadays see the fa cup as a waste of time its totally lost its appeal sadly. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, morganowl said:

dont agree. i know a lot of people and not 1 has stopped going to do with covid , some what i know what are going are between 60-80 some had strokes and other serious stuff in the last 5 years there all still going, and hardly a single person in the ground with a mask on. im not saying its zero but 99% plus of people are leading normal lives now, at the stain there crowds are high and whether you go on trains ,visit london/manchester/leeds there packed as are football grounds. its purely we are in league 1 cold night , and at home this season we aint exactly been entertaining only in  5-10 mins spells . more of last nights action on the pitch and 2-3000 will soon be added to our attendances 

Bet I know more people than you.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

A lot of fans have been pissed off with the season ticket refunds still not being finalized.

A lot still think £25-32 for division 3 football is too much 

Bar the last few games the football has been awful viewing.

And with the anti fan approach with alot of what DC has done over the last few years, it's going to more than a few good results to get the fans back.

Many fans will support the club but not give DC any of their hard earned cash to waste.

Don’t let McMightside hear you say about football being awful, we’re unbeaten you know, that’s all that counts.

1 minute ago, Buddy Repperton said:

While they are still allowed!

i honestly think there is a big change in peoples opinions now ,i dont think the uk public would stand for any more lockdowns ,most of us have done the sensible thing and got jabbed ,i dont see why the selfish who end up in a&e who wont get jabbed should cause the country to lock down as this would just keep on happening for years ,we cant lead our lives like that and the reason we are doing better than europe is we came out of lockdowns earlier while they had restrictions much stricter than us for much longer inc mask wearing in every indoor setting ,if masks are that good why are they in such a mess at the minute in europe? . life has to involve human interaction we cant hide behind a mask ,social distance ,close things down every 2 mins , we have decided as a country to live with the virus .but more needs to be done to keep people away from a&e inc getting more jabbed and dr surgeries actually seeing people rather than they turn up at a&e like there doing and have been for months. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

Of course it is. A lot of people don’t live in Sheffield, I live in Doncaster and didn’t get home until just before 11, luckily I wasn’t at work today but if I was, I’d have had to get up at 5am. I think that puts a lot of people off, especially in manual jobs, doing a 12 hour shift on the back of 5-6 hours work isn’t an attractive feat. 

Especially when the midweek matches are also on the Red Button/ifollow 

8 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yep there’s a link between level of performance/table position and attendances.  When the Saints came down to league 1 their average attendance was 20.9k, and in the following promotion season was around 22k. And then went up again in the championship.  Getting 18K on a cold school night in league 1 still seems decent to me 

The reason for poor attendances is obvious. For the past twenty odd years we've been crap and prices are far too high for the average fan. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, morganowl said:

i honestly think there is a big change in peoples opinions now ,i dont think the uk public would stand for any more lockdowns ,most of us have done the sensible thing and got jabbed ,i dont see why the selfish who end up in a&e who wont get jabbed should cause the country to lock down as this would just keep on happening for years ,we cant lead our lives like that and the reason we are doing better than europe is we came out of lockdowns earlier while they had restrictions much stricter than us for much longer inc mask wearing in every indoor setting ,if masks are that good why are they in such a mess at the minute in europe? . life has to involve human interaction we cant hide behind a mask ,social distance ,close things down every 2 mins , we have decided as a country to live with the virus .but more needs to be done to keep people away from a&e inc getting more jabbed and dr surgeries actually seeing people rather than they turn up at a&e like there doing and have been for months. 

Good to see this rehashed rant.

But I bet I know more people than you.

If I win then you wear a mask for 6 months.

The attendance was over 18,500. Looking at recent history this shows an increase on what we uses to get in league one, I can remember last time in league one and the time before getting  around 16k on a night match. Last night's attendance shows an increase of around 1.5k on the 11/12 season. Look at the attached screenshot, that match was on a Saturday... Chansiri has failed in many ways however he has grown our active fanbase, the stats back this up.

Screenshot_20211124-223311_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

If performances and results continue we should certainly be getting 22/23k home fans + for standard home games on Saturdays . Would hope even more for others . Hopefully get 21-22k on Saturday 

It's going to be cold on Saturday, that will be an excuse for many not to go.

I nearly went to MK Dons but decided £27 (Grandstand with my lad) is too much, particularly as I've been a bit bored watching so far this season. OK it was the wrong decision based on the performance but 2/3 performances like that I won't be able to resist. £29 v Wycombe!!?? Might go, might not!

On a side note I know more Wednesday fans who don't go to games regularly/never than I know regular/casual (4-5 per season) attenders.

Is this typical for everyone else? Maybe cos I've always lived around an hour away and they can't be bothered!? 

15 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I wonder if CoVid broke the habit / addiction  for some fans ? Found something cheaper / warmer / more entertaining to do and haven’t found the motivation to return? 

Appreciate absence made the heart grow fonder for some fans but suspect some found something better to do during CoVid. 

It's maybe ifollow? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

It's going to be cold on Saturday, that will be an excuse for many not to go.

Haha I know , don’t get me wrong there are some valid reasons about but you don’t half hear some stinking excuses . One of my favourites is when people complain at the cost but add things on like going for pints and food and other bits it’s like well just make food at home and don’t have 10 pints lol