Attendances

Just over 18k last night, looking at the ground it looked to be even less to be honest - I’m surprised we didn’t hit 20k even with a poor following from MK Dons.

Will we see an increase in walk ups this weekend following the recent last few games, or are people tightening their belt for Xmas already? It would be nice to get some more through the door between now and Xmas, this is the exact time the club should be running some multi ticket discounts and encourage it. 

Atmosphere last night was class for the last 20, we really are the 12th man when it gets loud in Hillsborough - here’s hoping we can start to see numbers over 25k a game if we retain some form. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Just over 18k last night, looking at the ground it looked to be even less to be honest - I’m surprised we didn’t hit 20k even with a poor following from MK Dons.

Will we see an increase in walk ups this weekend following the recent last few games, or are people tightening their belt for Xmas already? It would be nice to get some more through the door between now and Xmas, this is the exact time the club should be running some multi ticket discounts and encourage it. 

Atmosphere last night was class for the last 20, we really are the 12th man when it gets loud in Hillsborough - here’s hoping we can start to see numbers over 25k a game if we retain some form. 

Just need to be more consistent and the numbers will follow, too many hit mis games so far, so frustrating but defo signs were getting there. 

• Like 2

Hopefully a good turnout Saturday, the fact its Wycombe should mean a better away following.  I have had a spoft spot for them since the amazing promotion day a few years back.  They happily accomodated us and behaved impeccably on our big day.  If we keep winning and playing attacking football the demand will always be high.

16 minutes ago, the monk said:

Is the "school night" reason  Something that is trotted out just by us or is it a nationwide thing?

Cant say I'd ever heard of it until recently 

Of course it is. A lot of people don’t live in Sheffield, I live in Doncaster and didn’t get home until just before 11, luckily I wasn’t at work today but if I was, I’d have had to get up at 5am. I think that puts a lot of people off, especially in manual jobs, doing a 12 hour shift on the back of 5-6 hours work isn’t an attractive feat. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Antisolar said:

Hopefully a good turnout Saturday, the fact its Wycombe should mean a better away following.  I have had a spoft spot for them since the amazing promotion day a few years back.  They happily accomodated us and behaved impeccably on our big day.  If we keep winning and playing attacking football the demand will always be high.

I know!! I often think about that day and how they just sat in that little cheesewedge corner , it was like they’d simply come to literally watch our promotion 🥳 

to be fair we could’ve probably sold that corner to our own fans too

first time I’ll have been to a game against them since... 🤔 ... or is that the same for everyone?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

Of course it is. A lot of people don’t live in Sheffield, I live in Doncaster and didn’t get home until just before 11, luckily I wasn’t at work today but if I was, I’d have had to get up at 5am. I think that puts a lot of people off, especially in manual jobs, doing a 12 hour shift on the back of 5-6 hours work isn’t an attractive feat. 

I said school

A lot of fans have been pissed off with the season ticket refunds still not being finalized.

A lot still think £25-32 for division 3 football is too much 

Bar the last few games the football has been awful viewing.

And with the anti fan approach with alot of what DC has done over the last few years, it's going to more than a few good results to get the fans back.

Many fans will support the club but not give DC any of their hard earned cash to waste.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, the monk said:

Is the "school night" reason  Something that is trotted out just by us or is it a nationwide thing?

Cant say I'd ever heard of it until recently 

I think it’s certainly a factor. I live almost 2 hours away, and working makes it difficult to get to mid week games, so I want there last night. I will have been counted though as I’ma season ticket holders. I think that may be why it looked less than the official attendance.

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

Number of reasons are keeping some away, performances being main one but I guess there's a few still fearing the covid virus. 

We should get more attending on Saturday, hopefully 21,000+ 

dont agree. i know a lot of people and not 1 has stopped going to do with covid , some what i know what are going are between 60-80 some had strokes and other serious stuff in the last 5 years there all still going, and hardly a single person in the ground with a mask on. im not saying its zero but 99% plus of people are leading normal lives now, at the stain there crowds are high and whether you go on trains ,visit london/manchester/leeds there packed as are football grounds. its purely we are in league 1 cold night , and at home this season we aint exactly been entertaining only in  5-10 mins spells . more of last nights action on the pitch and 2-3000 will soon be added to our attendances 

• Like 2