That 2nd goal.

It was definitely one of those we will remember. 
Forest, Bristol C, Charlton and last night are the ones that come to mind in recent times.

I thought it was so positive that with little time left we were still playing neat football and not just hit and hope. Reminded me of the Carlos first year - crowd shouting “get it in the box” ,the players waiting, picking the right pass and scoring. 
Improvements so noticeable in the last month - hope it continues - could be a happy season end for us all 

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

This is one I'm thinking of too, we were 2-0 down at one bit as well and if I remember right we went down to ten men. 

Could be a different game but didn't we get a man sent off then pat butcher (Tomlin) hit post with a pen ball ran up to half way Hooper went past last defender hauled him down then got sent off both down to 10 men in a minute?

Abraham scored for them, we were shïtw first half.

Lee scored in 98th minute to win it.

Could be wrong....it has happened once before.

It’s just trendy.

This playing out certainly isn’t the reason behind the goals we score or chances we create.

Thought we always looked more dangerous when we hit the front 2 quicker. 

We looked dangerous from set pieces more than open play. Still think we need to learn to carve teams open more, especially at Hillsborough. 

5 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Can’t remember last time I celebrated a goal like that at Hillsborough. 

Feels like a long time since we scored a last minute winner. 

It was wonderful to see everyone go mental, think most people knew it was such a big goal for many reasons.

its because we were all over them missing so many chances and getting closer and closer , last time we had a similar reaction was when fletcher scored and players celebrated in corner kop end ,3/4 years ago. and when k lee scored last min against millwall in front of kop , maybe forestieri too all very very late winning goals , it dont happen very often so makes it very sweet when it happens. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, morganowl said:

its because we were all over them missing so many chances and getting closer and closer , last time we had a similar reaction was when fletcher scored and players celebrated in corner kop end ,3/4 years ago. and when k lee scored last min against millwall in front of kop , maybe forestieri too all very very late winning goals , it dont happen very often so makes it very sweet when it happens. 

Nuhius equaliser v Fulham as well, remember going daft when that went in.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Manwë said:

I would have preferred if he put it in the near post, not the far post.  A short distance maybe, but crucial in terms of the extra seconds of travelling time.  The more travelling, the more chance the opposition have to stop it.  The more chance they have to stop it, the less likely we are to score.

Disappointing goal from someone I used to respect.

Having watched the Owls for more than sixty years I must have seen then score hundreds of goals. Some were memorable, some were average,  some were flukes, but NONE were ever disappointing.  In fact, eighty disappointing goals per season would soon see us in Europe. How disappointing would that be?

8 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Antonio v Carlisle. That was the day we all knew it was on and we were going up. Let's hope last night proves to be a similar turning point. 

It was the stevenage pigs game for a week later that did it for me. I can remember doing a semedo on the bedroom floor when the full time whistle went ( that iconic pic of him on his knees after the COG goal v pigs). That was the moment for me that i thouggt wed do it. The antonio goal salvaged us hope, for me

Sorry to ge pedantic 😁

• Like 1