M K Dons fans views

"Also, Wednesday just looked really strong. Seems like they're hitting their stride and I don't think anyone will live with them at set pieces."

"We lost to what is essentially a championship team. We were 2nd best to everything and deserved nothing. If sheff Wed are not in the top two I would be surprised"

Hope so 😎

"Also, Wednesday just looked really strong. Seems like they're hitting their stride and I don't think anyone will live with them at set pieces."

"We lost to what is essentially a championship team. We were 2nd best to everything and deserved nothing. If sheff Wed are not in the top two I would be surprised"

Hope so 😎

• Like 1

Think whilst it might be a little later than we hoped for we are hitting the form at the right time 

last 4/5 games as seen us be much more conpetetive in midfield but more importantly more aggressive and creative up top 

the chances have been there to kill off every game that 9 minute spell against Accrington being a nice example where we scored three but could have had 5 In that time 

the return of windass and and luongo is huge 

let’s hope we continue we certainly are looking like a much better unit and confidence is growing and how we’ve kept in touch with the leading pack baffles me but it certainly means we are by no stretch out of this 

a lot of football to be played 5 points off top and hitting form at the right time. I’m happy to be optimistic rather than blindly hoping for a change 

well done Wednesday I’m enjoying watching us lately 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Valid and fair comments I think 

They didn’t even reference a comically disallowed goal and stonewall penalty we should have had

I’ve watched the highlights of the disallowed goal and I’m still of them same opinion I had last night, that there was just nothing wrong with it. I just can’t understand what the referee saw. It’s not even like Dunkley jumped over their player. He just won the header. Has Dunkley won that header in the centre circle, no way would the referee had blown for a foul. Bizarre decision.

• Like 2

Weird one last night

We battered them and fully deserved the win, but won it from one lax bit of defending and one spot of pure luck.

In another world we could have lost/ drawn that match, we're all moaning and they're relatively happy.

Funny old game.

I'd be fuming as an MK Dons fan personally, there's sitting back but then there's giving us all the time and space in the world like they did! A bit more aggression from them and they might have held out for a result.

Think it's harsh to say they time wasted, keeper once or twice and that number 10 who would've made Neymar blush with how much he chucked himself about. But on the whole they weren't THAT bad.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I’ve watched the highlights of the disallowed goal and I’m still of them same opinion I had last night, that there was just nothing wrong with it. I just can’t understand what the referee saw. It’s not even like Dunkley jumped over their player. He just won the header. Has Dunkley won that header in the centre circle, no way would the referee had blown for a foul. Bizarre decision.

It's for the 'foul' from Dele Bashiru on Dean Lewington, not to do with Dunkley. I'm not convinced that's anything either though.

1 hour ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

Didn't go to the game but saw the brief Sky highlights. What was the ref like in general, was he gutted we went on to win?

There is also a tackle from behind on our player in their box shortly before we scored the equalizer. That looked an absolute stonewall penalty that was waved off.

6 hours ago, Vanderowlsterdam said:

I don't think so. Dunkley could easily have had a hatrick. Corbeanu himself could have had one too. Like their great goal, on another day Bannans effort flies in. And out of those countless corners, another day one drops for us in the 6 yard box. A couple of times Gregory almost got a toe to a cross to guide it in. 

All I'm saying is MK Don's couldn't do much to stop us, we just couldn't find the finish ourselves, and their keeper had a very good day. Did really well to hold on to a couple he could have spilled into danger. 

:duntmatter:

Seems like reasonable comments from their fans. I think it's interesting our performance against the top 8/9 teams is relatively  (have we only lost to Plymouth so far?) compared to the rest of the league. Not sure whether it's the effect that some clubs get when the play against one of the "Big Teams" in the league. If we keep this attacking philosophy there is no reason we can't climb the table. Fingers crossed we have no further injuries.

12 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Didn't go to the game but saw the brief Sky highlights. What was the ref like in general, was he gutted we went on to win?

There is also a tackle from behind on our player in their box shortly before we scored the equalizer. That looked an absolute stonewall penalty that was waved off.

Very average but not as bad as the one from the weekend.

I couldn’t see a lot wrong with our disallowed goal but another poster suggested FDB may have impeded their keeper. He made a good decision to to give them a penalty (at the time I thought it was a penalty but the replay suggests not). The decision not to give us a penalty for the foul on Gregory (the incident you are referring to) was a bit baffling. I thought he went through the back of Gregory and 99/100 the referee would give that. I’m not sure their lad touched the ball but, even if he did, he went through Gregory to do so.

Taking off my blue and white pants sorry I mean tinted glasses, the team that finished the game last night is scary good for league 1.  As an opposition fan it would only really be the centre back area you’d say is “weak” with Brennan and Palmer but their performance(s) have been good.  If we put Mendez-Laing on the right side, sign a centre back and forward in January,  then we could be very very good.  Need to try and get as close to top two as possible by Jan and then kick on 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Taking off my blue and white pants sorry I mean tinted glasses, the team that finished the game last night is scary good for league 1.  As an opposition fan it would only really be the centre back area you’d say is “weak” with Brennan and Palmer but their performance(s) have been good.  If we put Mendez-Laing on the right side, sign a centre back and forward in January,  then we could be very very good.  Need to try and get as close to top two as possible by Jan and then kick on 

Wait while Hutch is back..👍

21 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

good idea this actually. If anyone fancies doing a pre match opposition view of us a couple of days before and then a post match view please feel free 🙂.

The Preview Show from the Wednesday Til I Die pod where they speak to an opposition fan is good for this. Get a good perspective on where the other team are.

• Thanks 1