‘Live’ Table On The Scoreboard

The long throw at the end? Could have been dangerous. When he let go of the ball his foot was clearly over the line and on the pitch. Should have been a foul throw? Moore saw it like lots of fans. Went to the Lino who’s eyes were painted on and didn’t seem to know what day it was. Then went to fourth official who again didn’t see it….

31 minutes ago, Jonboy42 said:

The long throw at the end? Could have been dangerous. When he let go of the ball his foot was clearly over the line and on the pitch. Should have been a foul throw? Moore saw it like lots of fans. Went to the Lino who’s eyes were painted on and didn’t seem to know what day it was. Then went to fourth official who again didn’t see it….

I was saying that, I sit near the back of the North so was something like 150 yards away from the throw in yet I could clearly see even from there that the thrower's foot was well over the line.

Foul throws and players stealing 15-20 yards at throw ins seem to be another rule that officials blatantly ignore, like the 6 second rule for keepers holding the ball. Some of them give a "get on with it" gesture when the keeper's taking the pi__ and had it for about 30 seconds and that's it, I haven't seen it actually punished for many years, and typically that was against us in the last minute of a Sheffield derby which could've cost us a win. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I was saying that, I sit near the back of the North so was something like 150 yards away from the throw in yet I could clearly see even from there that the thrower's foot was well over the line.

Foul throws and players stealing 15-20 yards at throw ins seem to be another rule that officials blatantly ignore, like the 6 second rule for keepers holding the ball. Some of them give a "get on with it" gesture when the keeper's taking the pi__ and had it for about 30 seconds and that's it, I haven't seen it actually punished for many years, and typically that was against us in the last minute of a Sheffield derby which could've cost us a win. 

and yet an aggressive shoulder barge is now a bookable offence half the time

bizarre times

4 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

When I saw it on the scoreboard, I thought WTF, don't do that. 

I don't like it, think it's a bit arrogant because at that moment we had moved into the top 6.

Could easily bite us in the bum, 'counting your chickens' and all that.

Just until the final whistle.

They'd also put it up earlier in the game, before half time when we were drawing and were 8th, so it wasn't just because we were winning.

Rather pointless though, it'd only really be useful on the final day of the season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonboy42 said:

Fully over the line or heel still touching the line?

14 minutes ago, alanharper said:

They'd also put it up earlier in the game, before half time when we were drawing and were 8th, so it wasn't just because we were winning.

Rather pointless though, it'd only really be useful on the final day of the season.

I missed that. Don't like it though, never seen it done at other grounds.

4 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Yep, hate it. They did it the game before as well. 

I actually think we should ask em not to do it, it's not scientifically proven but it's a fact that looking at live tables when you're winning leads to conceding goals. 

Big D wouldn't know about the game before! 😄

• Haha 2