‘Live’ Table On The Scoreboard

Doesn't bother me, can't see the bloody thing anyway with my mince pies. Use the Grandson as my spotter. 

'see those orange boots Berahino has on grandad? 

`No sunshine, not really' 

Don't worry grandad, ill point them out to you when we're at Meadowhall'

Little bugger. 

• Haha 2

Very odd move.

What's the benefit of showing a league table in November?!?!

On a related note, I stayed in a hotel last Saturday and had to watch final score on BBC (throw up between that or refreshing my phone every 20 seconds).

They also show the table after each leagues set of current results, meaning each individual league seemed to take about half an hour to come back around.

Waste of my bloody time, defund the Beeb :duntmatter:

Despite being quite old myself I’m normally in favour of innovation. But not this time. No need for it at all. It’s just an irrelevance and a distraction and bad luck. If people want to see a live table look at your phone. But don’t look at your phone please. Just cheer on the team. 

On 24/11/2021 at 08:15, alanharper said:

I was saying that, I sit near the back of the North so was something like 150 yards away from the throw in yet I could clearly see even from there that the thrower's foot was well over the line.

Foul throws and players stealing 15-20 yards at throw ins seem to be another rule that officials blatantly ignore, like the 6 second rule for keepers holding the ball. Some of them give a "get on with it" gesture when the keeper's taking the pi__ and had it for about 30 seconds and that's it, I haven't seen it actually punished for many years, and typically that was against us in the last minute of a Sheffield derby which could've cost us a win. 

There isn't a six second 'rule' anymore

16 minutes ago, jayzman said:

There isn't a six second 'rule' anymore

There absolutely is. But refs just ignore it whilst keepers blatantly flout it. 

An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:

controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it

touches the ball with the hand/arm after releasing it and before it has touched another player

touches the ball with the hand/arm, unless the goalkeeper has clearly kicked or attempted to kick the ball to release it into play, after:

it has been deliberately kicked to the goalkeeper by a team-mate

receiving it directly from a throw-in taken by a team-mate

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save

holding the ball in the outstretched open hand

bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

• Like 1