Darren Moore

On 24/11/2021 at 13:48, SwellOwl said:

The haters should try something new: back the team & Moore.

Go on, give it a whirl, you might enjoy it!

People critiquing(fairly) DM were backing the team & DM   would it have been better to say nothing? say its fine playing it out with a lone striker? as we slip further and further away from automatic promtion?

Yes i know thats ancient history(ish)  now....Why should DM be any different to Jos,Bruce,GM,OR TP?

The fanbase demand a lot,and why not? havnt we been badly let down?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, davetherivelinowl said:

After the humbling performance in the cup at Plymouth the knives were out for DM but I started a topic on here 'In defense of Darren Moore'. After an underwhelming start to the season I thought we'd turned a corner but were being thwarted by injuries. I actually wrote

Imagine playing like we did against Gillingham but with Gregory and Windass up front. Imagine not having to have Paterson in the back three. Imagine having Luongo back in midfield. 

25 people responded with a 'ha-ha' emoji. I hope they enjoyed being wrong last night.

Sting a bit did it/?? and NO i wasnt  one of the 25!

9 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I've noticed this recently.

I think there's a couple of posters who rather sadly have nothing better to do than stalk anyone who defends Darren Moore and plaster their posts with 'ha-ha' emoji's.

I bet I'll have a couple here pretty soon.

get them on most if not all of my posts,i know who is doing it......gives me a grin to know thats the sum of their contribution to a debate....

27 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Spoke to a Baggie at work this Morning, he reassured me that Darren will always have his team play

out from the back, and that he does have his favourites.

Reassuring.

We cannot play out from the back... our defenders are not capable...

33 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Spoke to a Baggie at work this Morning, he reassured me that Darren will always have his team play

out from the back, and that he does have his favourites.

Reassuring.

That's the spirit.

Let's have no positivity on here.

• Haha 1

On 23/11/2021 at 22:28, stocksyuto said:

We are sat in 5th place, windass is back and scoring again, we have just signed that Mendez Laing who will fit in well it’s only up from here people enjoy the ride 

Unless Dunkley gets injured 😟

On 23/11/2021 at 23:19, TodwickOwl said:

Really really sickly posts, got to laugh. 

A miserable team to watch for first quarter of season, we get a few wins under belt and you’ve got Cigars out for season. 

Long way to go, his tactics and team selections have definitely been dreadful at times - bit early for brown nosing him just yet, jury is out whether we can get any consistency going

Consistent enough now?

Just said Byers picked up a slight strain on sat, Could've played tonight but no point risking him, also Dele-Bashiru and Gregory now full on training and are back in contention which is great news.

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Consistent enough now?

Stand by exactly what I said at the time and I’ve said exactly the same in another thread today.

First half was embarrassing this year - for a club with the players we’ve had, and he deserved the pelters - playing a system that didn’t suit, constantly changing the side to dependent on the opponents and tactics of daft pass pass pass football around the back negated any impetus in attacking - it was terrible.

We’ve changed tactics, formation, kept a settled side and we’ve found some form - so plaudits to DM on that. This side is full of quality - and he’s finally got the hang of it.

By the way, digging out old threads across Owlstalk ….. go to bed. 

4 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Stand by exactly what I said at the time and I’ve said exactly the same in another thread today.

First half was embarrassing this year - for a club with the players we’ve had, and he deserved the pelters - playing a system that didn’t suit, constantly changing the side to dependent on the opponents and tactics of daft pass pass pass football around the back negated any impetus in attacking - it was terrible.

We’ve changed tactics, formation, kept a settled side and we’ve found some form - so plaudits to DM on that. This side is full of quality - and he’s finally got the hang of it.

Criticism up to Xmas was justified, amongst other things seing how good Johnson is at LWB going forward and he was wasted for two months playing makeshift center back. One of a number of baffling decisions pre Xmas.

Done now though and football and effort recently has been spot on

17 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

First half, first quarter…make your mind up

Just accept Moore is the man and enjoy the ride