Darren Moore

31 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I'm sorry, but when you have Luongo and Windass ready to get back to match fitness and need some time off the bench, then all of a sudden in this division you have an option no other team does.

It's not Darren Moore - it was the fact he had two players coming back who both made the world of difference.

Now, a decent manager would have won that before he had to bring these on - it's not rocket science why the fans turn on the players trying to play it out from the back, even when we aren't losing.

They played well against Sunderland too

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

My issue is that even without these two, he has players who should be good enough to get the job done. 

We have several players injured, which have hindered us no end, but even without these players we should have had the ammo to be doing what Rotherham are doing right now - that is my issue.

1) we beat rotherham

2) we have missed Hutchinson, luongo, Windass, Iorfa for big chunks and we are 5 points behind them.

Thats it’s. 5 points

Resentment is a terrible emotion

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Criticism when its due and praise when its due. 

Turning it around now. Well done Darren Moore.

This 100%

Cant criticise the guy after a win like that, looks like we're on the right tracks now well done DM. 

Edited by Hodgyowl
  • Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat

I see both points of view . You have to be happy after that performance but why has it taken so long to do what people on here spotted months ago. In my eyes we have the best squad in the league by a margin. The man who needs praising for his performance THIS season is DC. 

45 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I'm sorry, but when you have Luongo and Windass ready to get back to match fitness and need some time off the bench, then all of a sudden in this division you have an option no other team does.

It's not Darren Moore - it was the fact he had two players coming back who both made the world of difference.

Now, a decent manager would have won that before he had to bring these on - it's not rocket science why the fans turn on the players trying to play it out from the back, even when we aren't losing.

Oh dear 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Been critical of him recently (justifiably IMO) but he deserves credit for what sounds like a good performance tonight - hopefully this is the point we start turning draws into wins.

5 points off autos, got to keep this momentum going now though as we’ve played a game or 2 more than some of our rivals. Big game coming up on Saturday 

Massive game.

Plymouth play Wigan this weekend and Rotherham are away at Oxford so if we did win we would have closed some serious distance on the teams above.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

No plan B they said

No attacking enough they said

No good at substitutions they said 

How nice was it to see him confidently punching the air? For the first time he had the confidence he wasn’t at risk of being fired 

I was firmly in the out camp I’ll be honest but the last 2/3 games he’s shown us that he’s got something about him. He subs tonight where very very good, the timing of them was superb and won us the game IMO so credit where credit is due. 

keep playing the two up and and we’ll score more than we concede which is what it’s all about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Still felt FDB for Berahino was a strange one when it was crying out to bring Hunt off for Shodipo.

Can see why we have signed Mendez Laing. Hunt offers nothing in this formation. Felt sorry for Brennan as Hunt was always on top of him. He did this with Corbeanu earlier in the season.

Agree, kept running into Corbeanu s space, also hope Moore doesn't mess Corbeanu about trying to cater for laing. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

This post ignores the fact we were by far the better team before they came on.

Yes, Dons got a goal due to that thunderbåstard, but they were chasing shadows for 55 minutes, so when Luongo and Windass came on there was lots of gaps to exploit. The MK Dons goalie had already had to make 7 saves in the first hour.

• Like 4

Just now, Wednesday_Jack said:

I was firmly in the out camp I’ll be honest but the last 2/3 games he’s shown us that he’s got something about him. He subs tonight where very very good, the timing of them was superb and won us the game IMO so credit where credit is due. 

keep playing the two up and and we’ll score more than we concede which is what it’s all about. 

He's got some key players back in Mass and Windass and he's used them tonight and used them well. 

I still have some misgivings, but it has felt like Sunderland that we are starting to find our way and identity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Big thing for Moore tonight was how he reacted to their goal 

we was the better team they scored a wonder goal 

I was sat saying it’s not working for kamberi and byres hasn’t had any influence tonight ( not criticising mg  them it happens ) he made the change almost instantly on comes luongo and windass and completely changed the game even more to our favour 

it would have been criminal to not get anything out of the game we kept going abs going and got what we deserved 

wete creating so much in games now another massive game on Saturday then hopefully momentum kicks in 

playing how we are someone’s going to be on the wrong side of a hiding before too long 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Credit where it’s due totally - but to start generalising he has no plan b etc is a ridiculous statement to make after we’ve watched some turgid football.

Tonight, and the last few has been much better - and like I’ve just said in a previous thread, Corbeanu has been the one that’s driven the change - a guy Moore left on the bench for the first 15 games ish of the season. 

It’s always the same, credit where it’s due BUT. Can never just be happy 

Don’t wanna burst no balloons of positivity, but did he do well with his subs ? Or did he just have 2 of the leagues best players to bring on ?? Bit of a no brainer  

I’ve said many times, whatever everyone’s thoughts on DM as a manager may be , he has a fantastic opportunity to be successful this season because I honestly think he has a great squad at his disposal that could pick itself once all are fit 

The owner has backed him, in a massive way ,  Mendez Laing is another championship player 

What a difference a week makes. Really did feel that Moore had to go, but two wins in a week Makes such a difference and it is just churlish not to say well done and be pleased for Darren Moore. Let’s hope he and the team have really turned a corner now and go on to a third win in a row on Saturday against Wycombe. Really pleased to see that Windass got the winner and I think he is going to make a huge difference if we can keep him fit. 
Well done Darren Moore and the Wednesday. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Our performances were awful. I admit i thought he had to go. Maybe he had to go through the grief he got to make him change things?

I am bloody delighted to admit i didnt see this change coming. Delighted to see the  improvements in us attacking teams. Delighted to eat humble pie.

Keep this going DM. You are now giving us what we desperately want.....an attacking team with guts, that will run their blood to water for the club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

No plan B they said

No attacking enough they said

No good at substitutions they said 

How nice was it to see him confidently punching the air? For the first time he had the confidence he wasn’t at risk of being fired 

Still want him out. one good performance and result dosnt excuse all the shocking performances this season.

Just papering over the cracks. 

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Haha 1