3-5-2

Is this now the formation going forward even when all our defenders return? Moore said he will revert to a back 4 in time but I'm now thinking the players are getting used to this formation game by game and its now beginning to bear fruit. Thoughts? 

Start from the front…

2 strikers is an absolute must.

3 in CM sees us dominate and create.

Defensively I think the penny has dropped with Moore that we on top in most games and we can afford to seek goals at the top end without worrying too much about leaking at the other. Our back 3 is working brilliantly.

The catalyst which makes this work is having hard-working high quality WBs, and in Hunt and Corbeanu (with plenty to step in) we have exactly that.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Start from the front…

2 strikers is an absolute must.

3 in CM sees us dominate and create.

Defensively I think the penny has dropped with Moore that we on top in most games and we can afford to seek goals at the top end without worrying too much about leaking at the other. Our back 3 is working brilliantly.

The catalyst which makes this work is having hard-working high quality WBs, and in Hunt and Corbeanu (with plenty to step in) we have exactly that.

I've been very impressed with the way Corbeanu had stepped in to that unfamiliar left-back role.

It's credit to him and the coaching staff who've been working on the defensive side of his game in recent months.

From there interview he gave following the Sunderland game, it sounds like a fair bit of work has gone into getting him ready:

"(Moore) talked me through it on the training ground but also in the game.

"He was constantly speaking to me and I think part of the reason he might have put me on the left was so he could give me that information which was very much needed.

“He gave out specific instructions to Marvin to give me constant instructions.

"The defensive side of my game is the part I need to work on. Going forward is good, it can be better, but defensively is the area where I need most work.

"I’ve done a lot of work on my finishing and building on my strengths but also I need to work on out of possession. That’s going to define me as a player. I’ve done a lot of one-on-ones, getting at my man, being dangerous.

"Playing this 3-5-2 you need to be really disciplined. It’s a lot of running. It was quite challenging for me, but from a team perspective it’s a great win.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its a way of playing 2 up front, without playing the seemingly illegal 4-4-2 

If its a choice between 2 strikers or 2 wingers, I prefer 2 strikers 

Our biggest promble atm, is DM being riddled with the philosophy of the Chuckle Brothers, over playing at the back