Others will get the plaudits but Luongo made the difference…

For me, Luongo has only had about half a dozen really decent performances since being here and due to lack of fitness and injury, he’s been largely meh!

However, on Saturday and tonight he showed that at this level he could be the difference - he changed the game tonight.

• Haha 2

His only issue is fitness,  he knows and we all know , that when he’s fit he is capable of dictating games  

He’s possibly the best central midfielder in the division, I’d argue he is 

Keeps our shape, breaks up play, moves the ball sensibly and quick. Drives forward at the right time, patient on the ball, could go on really. The only man we’ve got that glues the whole thing together, it was the same last season too. 

If only we had two of him! We’d be flying!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

My favourite Australian person.

2 hours ago, aussieowl87 said:

Gee thanks.

2 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

That's got to be a small field to choose from.

M'mon Fellers, don't let petty jealousy get the better of you just cos I'm a worldy Sheila Magnet 

a4d399b2e51f0dd839d372df8cac4673--barry-humphries-colin-odonoghue.jpg

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

i'd never risk him for 90 mins during the week if we play saturday saturday. Keep him fit every weekend game and call on him from the bench if necessary during midweek matches. can't imagine he'd have been used last night if we was winning comfortably. needs to be managed well because he takes so much pressure off Bannan and forges a partnership that let's Bannan go forward and not have to worry about what's behind him

Changed the game and won every 2nd ball when he came on. If I'm being honest, I don't think Moore wanted to use him tonight due to the work load. Like others have said even if it means playing once a week for the rest of the season I would be happy with that. We need to wrap him in bubble wrap. If he's now tired for the weekend, rest him. We need to keep him fit at all costs.

The change to the balance of the team when Luongo came on was the difference last night. Before he came on we didn't seem to press them enough. Bringing on Luongo released Bannan to press MK more effectively in better areas of the pitch for us.