Corbeanu

Found it a little harder going tonight first 50 minutes, still impactful but constantly doubled up on and couldn’t quite free the shackles as he’d have liked. 

Thought it changed big time when Windass was introduced and got going- defenders less able to get tight and double on one without the other then finding pockets of space in really dangerous areas. 

Can't believe we wasted about 13 games not using him ffs, imagine the points difference now if we had him firing from the start of the season. A few of them draws would have been turned into wins i'm sure but i guess none of us know what he was like physically for the first two months. Could have been way too unfit to be a league 1 wing back

Super talent. 

Near impossible for his FB. Teams will pack that side.

His exciting direct runs and shooting catch the eye, and the quality of his crosses is terrific, but what impressed me most is the maturity and coolness he showed for the winner. Didn’t rush, took a touch, looked up, picked out the best option. Brilliant.

10 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He's an incredible talent just needs to learn to when to pass and when to shoot. He reminds me of CR7

Yeah definite similarities in terms of their build, pace, ability on the ball, two good feet… Corbeanu seems like he has a great attitude as well, he could go on to be some player

Watching him running at opponents is like me playing Fifa, I can never remember how to do skill moves and tricks so I do lots of stepovers and bash the joypad and sometimes it comes off and sometimes it doesn't, he clearly has no idea what he's going to do before he does it, fortunately that makes him hard to predict for an opposing defender!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

He’s going to be heavily marked by teams the key is to have the players that can capitalise on that, windass is definitely one of them, if Mendez Laing can lock down that right hand side once he’s upto speed then we will be deadly in attack 

Let them.

With Windass moving into channels alongside him/ahead of him and Barry Bannan 15 yards behind able to swing in those left footed crosses from that inside left channel, they're more than welcome to overload their right hand side and leave themselves vulnerable in the middle for the cross.

I would not want to be a right fullback knowing that at any one time I could have two or three of those players within 15 yards of me.

Edited by StudentOwl

I’d be ringing up Wolves right now and saying “ Look, Theo’s a very disruptive individual within the changing room, he’s rude and belligerent, skips training four days a week, he’s had affairs with at least three other players wives, came in drunk last Friday and he’s only pulling up trees on the pitch because he’s high on performance enhancing drugs…. but we’ll take him off your hands for fifty grand. “

• Haha 3

The one thing is he makes things happen? Soon as he gets the ball he’s straight on the front foot… we have missed a player like this since Carlos days ? He’s green sometimes shoots when he should cross and is obviously in a learning curve with us and long may he develop as long as it’s with us! He was clearly knackered last 10-15 mins we sit on north near Kop and he was dead on his feet at one point. But fair play to lad kept going and chose RIGHT option at the end 

22 hours ago, SiJ said:

I doubt that. 

Wolves will know he stands to learn more from being here for the season. As good as the kid looks, he's not going to be starting for Wolves in the PL right now. 

Let him play here, perhaps get a promotion under his belt and he will be all the better for it. 

They could decide he needs to be playing for a Championship club though - but I really, really hope he’s with us for the season.

He could be the deciding factor in getting us in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Mick70 said:

The one thing is he makes things happen? Soon as he gets the ball he’s straight on the front foot… we have missed a player like this since Carlos days ? He’s green sometimes shoots when he should cross and is obviously in a learning curve with us and long may he develop as long as it’s with us! He was clearly knackered last 10-15 mins we sit on north near Kop and he was dead on his feet at one point. But fair play to lad kept going and chose RIGHT option at the end 

Precisely - all teams hate playing against players who make things happen and as you say it’s a few seasons since we’ve had some who can do that.

2 minutes ago, Spookone said:

They could decide he needs to be playing for a Championship club though - but I really, really hope he’s with us for the season.

He could be the deciding factor in getting us in the playoffs.

Why though? 

He's 19, he's settled here and getting regularly game time. We've got him for the season too. 

Absolutely no reason why Wolves would look to disrupt that and send him off to another club in January. 

Can’t see him being recalled

By January he will be classed as an established first choice in our side

He is playing in front of big crowds every other week and is arguably learning to play a new position, which in turn will benefit Wolves 

Add into the mix playing in a team that is fighting for promotion will also add to his football development