Corbeanu

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I doubt that. 

Wolves will know he stands to learn more from being here for the season. As good as the kid looks, he's not going to be starting for Wolves in the PL right now. 

Let him play here, perhaps get a promotion under his belt and he will be all the better for it. 

My fear is if they can call him back they will and find him a championship club.

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Alternatively, we could credit Moore with bringing him to the club, working with him in training to help overcome the after effects of a nasty illness which clearly took some getting over, and helping to work on aspects of his game in readiness for first team football?

He's been fit for ages mate. Happy for you to try and defend Moore and if we play like we have the last 4 league games (coincidentally when Corbeanu has started) then I'm happy. Just don't agree that he'll have changed much as a player in the 16 games he didn't start in. 

• Like 1

Got a lot to do. I think some are getting carried away. He’s only had a few good games and it is league one…….

However……..

I don’t care. It’s “wonderful” to watch a player who gets you out of your seat every time they get the ball. Especially when you just don’t know what to expect. Doesn’t matter what the level. Whether it’s Curran, Chamberlain, Waddle, Di Camino, Antonio, JJ or Corbeneau. That’s why we pay our hard earned money. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jrh said:

He's been fit for ages mate. Happy for you to try and defend Moore and if we play like we have the last 4 league games (coincidentally when Corbeanu has started) then I'm happy. Just don't agree that he'll have changed much as a player in the 16 games he didn't start in. 

I can well imagine that there were a few aspects of his game which needed working on before throwing him in for his first taste of first team football, which is what both he and Moore have mentioned.

Plus, Moore suggested that his levels of fitness were nowhere near what we're now seeing a month prior to him being brought in more regularly, as a result of the after effects of his illness.

Wolves fans knew he was a bit special and were surprised he was loaned out.

Tbh, I can see why he was loaned out. He's not quite the finished article but for this level...he's basically a league one Ronaldo when he was a young'un.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

My fear is if they can call him back they will and find him a championship club.

I reckon playing deeper in that pseudo wingback role might actually work in our favour on that front. The thing he's missing from his game at the moment is a bit of defensive grit. 

Playing as we will would be a really good experience to make him a more rounded player. He's a natural enough on his front foot that that will never be a problem 

• Like 1