Dunkley

His passion is fantastic isn't it? He genuinely loves playing for the club you can see what every win and goal means to him. Unpopular opinion but he's a better defender than Dom for me. Better in the air, more commanding leader, neither are good with the ball but i just feel more safe him defending a cross or putting a tackle in than Dom. Saying all that, can't wait for them to be back playing together for the twin set piece threat

• Like 1

I've slated him before and rightly so .. Chey Donkley

Now he's hit a purple patch at the right time and what is probably a perfect league for him

Few shaky moments, letting his man go, but once he gets going throws absolutely everything at the ball for the cause, body, legs, and especially head. Wins an outrageous amount of headers / borderline concussive state

Can't fault the lad and nothing but praise for him at the moment

He’s been great, but is this a case of someone finding their level? Because he was getting pulled all over the place at championship level.

Might have been victim of playing in a team shot of confidence though, and was still getting back to full match sharpness after a long lay off, so there’s that to consider as well I suppose. 

14 hours ago, SiJ said:

Neither Dunkley or Iorfa are going to win awards for their ability to play the ball out from the back. 

Physically, Iorfa is an absolute beast and those physical attributes mean he has often been able to get himself out of sticky situations. That is a good thing, as he is prone to lapses in judgement. 

Dunkley is a unit himself, but I think he's a better defender than Iorfa in the traditional no nonsense way. He's also a leader and a real character. 

As things stand, Dunkley is one of the first names on the team sheet and rightfully so. 

He still needs another big centre half with him for me in the flint/Rob jones mould. Be formidable then. 

2 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Can we PLEASE keep him?

no im releasing him saving 10-12 grand a week. 7.5 million wages saved this summer allowing for a freshening up of the squad.  when he plays he scares the life out of me. 

6 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I rate him,  especially for this league, but clearly Moore isn't a fan. Contract ends in June so it's inevitable that he'll be leaving.

Am not sure it’s fair to say DM isn’t a fan,  

Whats absolutely fair to say is unfortunately Chey Dunkleys fitness record is nowhere near good enough, I’m sure this is through no fault of his own and he’s obviously working hard to be available , but this is the real world and DM will be working to a budget 

He most likely won’t be offered a new deal because he hasn’t been fit enough for DM to rely on

Not sure what kind of wage we signed him on when injured so may not be as big a saving as we think. It just hasn’t worked here defensively. He’s been decent at getting on the end of things in the attacking sense but compared to storey and Dean he can be a bit erratic.

4 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I rate him,  especially for this league, but clearly Moore isn't a fan. Contract ends in June so it's inevitable that he'll be leaving.

Like you I rate him in this league but I think he will be gone. Similar sort of player to Danny Baht who did well against us in the playoffs. Not a footballing defender but does the defending part of the job well.

I like the way he attacks everything that is coming down the middle. I think his ideal foil would be a fully fit Iorfa using his pace to over for any flick on etc.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Am not sure it’s fair to say DM isn’t a fan,  

Whats absolutely fair to say is unfortunately Chey Dunkleys fitness record is nowhere near good enough, I’m sure this is through no fault of his own and he’s obviously working hard to be available , but this is the real world and DM will be working to a budget 

He most likely won’t be offered a new deal because he hasn’t been fit enough for DM to rely on

Know where you're coming from but even when fit he's been no more than a fringe player of late..... even when on occasions we've been crying out for an aerial presence.

4 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Like you I rate him in this league but I think he will be gone. Similar sort of player to Danny Baht who did well against us in the playoffs. Not a footballing defender but does the defending part of the job well.

I like the way he attacks everything that is coming down the middle. I think his ideal foil would be a fully fit Iorfa using his pace to over for any flick on etc.

Yes agreed.

2 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Know where you're coming from but even when fit he's been no more than a fringe player of late..... even when on occasions we've been crying out for an aerial presence.

Largely because he can't play out from the back, I genuinely thought he would be a collosus for is this season.....but unfortunately not the case

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Not sure what kind of wage we signed him on when injured so may not be as big a saving as we think. It just hasn’t worked here defensively. He’s been decent at getting on the end of things in the attacking sense but compared to storey and Dean he can be a bit erratic.

I'm not as big a fan of Storey as some.... certainly he's not an aerially dominating CB and you need one in this league. Dunkley far and away the best in the air at the club.

Hypothetical  though as both very likely to be elsewhere  next season.

2 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Largely because he can't play out from the back, I genuinely thought he would be a collosus for is this season.....but unfortunately not the case

Yes I agree. Mind you, this playing out from the back mullarkey hasn't  always gone to plan for us this season!

I wouldn't keep him.

Yes he can head the ball and yes he was playing well before his injury, but we weren't winning games then were we!

If DM want to play out from the back then Dunkley doesn't fit, he awful at passing, and his positioning isn't great.

For someone who has been here and had 10 good games in that time, not worth a new deal.

Not bad at what he does, just not what we need.

• Like 2