What a performance

Just now, owlprince said:

That was so good…. We were awesome tonight! Not felt like this after a match for a long time. 

can I just say fair play to DM tonight, deserves some credit tonight after some of the abuse he’s had.

The stick he’s had so far this season has been laughable. I mean FFS when was the last time we’d only lost 3 games in the first 19 of a campaign. Whatever the level that’s good going. Still think we’ll get stronger as the season goes on.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Some of the usual frustrations, but couldn't fault the effort tonight. Overall, that's our best performance of the season, particularly considering the standard of opposition. 

We kept going and created more than enough chances to win two games. 

I thought the introduction of Luongo made a real difference. Just offers that bit of control and reassurance in the middle of the park. 

Could be great captain material if he can stay fit. Always talking and driving the players on around him. 

• Like 1

Great team performance. 

Got to take our chances though !!

Being 1-0 down when playing so well is unjust… especially with teams copying the time wasting blueprint from week to week. 

Energy and passing wise the players were bang at it… ‘motoring’ you would say… 

11 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

We've played some pretty dire stuff this season at times and it was natural that Moore would cop some flak. Tonight was the best weve been so far this season though and if we can use this as a springboard GM will naturally receive appropriate  praise by the majority.

Some criticism is fair enough. Some of the nonsense that has been posted has been utterly ridiculous. The Moore in / out poll and surrounding hysteria.

Had a quick glance at the match thread at half time, and again there was a bit of nonsense, just shook my head. Not had a proper look through it though in fairness.

That was an absolutely cracking performance, Moore got loads right and it was good to see him coming to the fans after the game.

Walked out tonight with a big smile, just as I did after Sunderland.

5th in the table. Hopefully starting to click, key players coming back from injury. All good. 

Just now, Otley Owl said:

Some criticism is fair enough. Some of the nonsense that has been posted has been utterly ridiculous. The Moore in / out poll and surrounding hysteria.

Had a quick glance at the match thread at half time, and again there was a bit of nonsense, just shook my head. Not had a proper look through it though in fairness.

That was an absolutely cracking performance, Moore got loads right and it was good to see him coming to the fans after the game.

Walked out tonight with a big smile, just as I did after Sunderland.

5th in the table. Hopefully starting to click, key players coming back from injury. All good. 

Over the top flak aimed at managers is pretty much par for the course when the team isnt performing well unfortunately. If we build on tonight he'll receive plenty of plaudits from the majority like I said though. Tonight was easily the best I've seen us play this season..... even when we were losing. Sometimes this season though it's been painful to watch.

There are signs though that something good is starting to bubble and as you say we are handily placed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

At 75 minutes I decided I would post this thread no matter the result

Absolutely destroyed them. Smashed not 1, not 2 but 3 grannies out of them

Best performance of the season.

Sumptuous football and the late win tops it off

Darren Moore’s barmy army

One swallow dosnt make a summer . Im not getting excited by one performance and result .

• Like 1

It was boring.... we scrapped the win yet had loads of missed chances!!! Sounds crazy but it was so dull until the last few minutes. At least we won all game it felt like another one we would end up drawing or losing by missing easy chances and calamitous defending.... but finally it didn't.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

It was boring.... we scrapped the win yet had loads of missed chances!!! Sounds crazy but it was so dull until the last few minutes. At least we won all game it felt like another one we would end up drawing or losing by missing easy chances and calamitous defending.... but finally it didn't.

This is a wind up right? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

I was hoping for maybe 7th or 8th at Christmas with signs of improvement to suggest a serious crack at the playoffs. 

Boxes ticked. 

Lovely to walk along the upper North concourse last night and see so many smiles. I honestly don't think I have enjoyed a game under the lights so much in years. 

same coming off Kop, not seen that many exiting *after* the whistle for ages even though attendance wasn’t stellar

Edited by Mr. Tom

Certainly the most I've enjoyed a game in a very long time.

Off the sofa celebrating both goals and on the edge of my seat for most of the second half.

We played some pretty decent football and showed a lot commitment and passion, just glad we got the win we deserved as the negativity on here would have been staggering if we hadn't.

• Like 2