Will he have a massive impact?

17 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

And it took an entire formation and tactics change to get him firing, we're still getting used to the changes.

My point is this:

Can we afford another change of formation, or another 3 losses?

The problem was Moore persisted with one up top and everybody could see it wasn't working.

Now we've gone to 2 up front supported by Corbeanu for the last few games. we are creating chances and scoring goals. 

Hopefully he has seen the light and will stick with it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

I think with how people have talked about him and built him up during the time he is injured he will have to do some special stuff for people to be happy. I think he'll take a while to get going but if he gets into form he will be good for us at this level. 

He was one of the better players in a bad bunch last year but I haven't forgotten how he can blow hot and cold, miss some sitters and fade in and out of games. I think we need ro be realistic about what he can achieve.

I get what you’re saying, but I think the reason optimism is high on Windass is because we’ve dropped down into a league where we have the ability to create more and free up more space (as seen by some of the tap ins we’ve scored) 

And as he is one of our best players, he should benefit from that 

8 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

I think with how people have talked about him and built him up during the time he is injured he will have to do some special stuff for people to be happy. I think he'll take a while to get going but if he gets into form he will be good for us at this level. 

He was one of the better players in a bad bunch last year but I haven't forgotten how he can blow hot and cold, miss some sitters and fade in and out of games. I think we need ro be realistic about what he can achieve.

Not for me.

If Windass can replicate the impact he had for us in the Championship in League One, I'll be delighted.

An attacking player who has a direct hand in a goal every 188 mins in a team as poor as ours has been for the past 18 months or so is a valuable plus to the squad, especially when you consider that direct goal threat isn't necessarily the main asset he brings to the table.

My only concern with Windass is whether or not he'll rediscover his form after such a long injury layoff.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

Without underestimating the impact of his hamstring injury, I think he'll be up to speed relatively quickly. Prior to his injury, he'd just about managed a full pre-season, so it's perhaps not as long as it seems since he was playing.

IMO, he will make a massive difference once he's back fully up and running.