Will he have a massive impact?

1 hour ago, Ibbo48 said:

Yep . Exactly this 

The longer he’s been out the more he’s been built up into being some sort of goal machine that I’m not sure he is.

Just desperate for DM to get a front two and stick with it.

At the minute we haven’t got a clue which 2 he’ll pick and it worries me that he hasn’t 

People forgetting i think that JW is an attacking midfielder,who could weigh in with goals to support a front two.He was made into a makeshift striker whilst here,& tbf hasnt done bad but people shouldnt expect him to be a Harry Kane when he comes back...

• Like 3

I think he will be a big player for us this season but I don't think he will have an immediate impact. Gradual improvement over 6 games then we might begin to see what he can do. After that it will just be about developing a partnership with one of the other strikers.

9 minutes ago, prowl said:

I think he will be a big player for us this season but I don't think he will have an immediate impact. Gradual improvement over 6 games then we might begin to see what he can do. After that it will just be about developing a partnership with one of the other strikers.

Can we afford another bedding in period?

We had to wait 10 games for Gregory to start scoring, can we really wait another 6 considering that Gregory or Kamberi will have to be dropped during this? (also if it is Kamberi that gets dropped, I can see him going in January)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

We had to wait 10 games for Gregory to start scoring, can we really wait another 6 considering that Gregory or Kamberi will have to be dropped during this? (also if it is Kamberi that gets dropped, I can see him going in January)

Gregory 

lol

4 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Gregory 

lol

You could replace Gregory with the team scoring, but the point still stands, how many more points can we afford to drop while another striker finds his feet?

For Windass to be in a front 2, you have to drop Gregory or Kamberi. Can we afford to do it right now?

11 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

We had to wait 10 games for Gregory to start scoring

How do you work that one out?

Gregory scored in his 2nd and 3rd games for us.

His first game he got 30 mins as a sub.

Edited by Tommy Crawshaw

15 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

How do you work that one out?

Gregory scored in his 2nd and 3rd games for us.

His first game he got 30 mins as a sub.

He then didn't score for 6 games, from which we took 5 points.

Can we afford another 5 points from 6 games?

5 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Windass has proved his worth to us in the past. Bannan knows Windass's needs, knows where he will run.  It isn't a matter of whether Windass can do the business it's a case of him getting match fit. Maybe he will hit the ground running, maybe not. 

I expect to hear the usual "he's rubbish" after his first game, I'm just suggesting that isn't going to be a true reflexion of his ability.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

But we didn't have to wait for 10 games for him to score as you said.

Those 6 games when he didn't score he was mostly isolated on his own up front with little support. It was more down to Moore's negative tactics than anything. 

Anyway 6 league goals in 13 starts and 3 sub appearances isn't to be sniffed at.

• Thanks 1

Indeed just as Windass looks like replacing Paterson, Paterson has other ideas and tried to take him out on the training pitch.

But he had not upped his volume, and missed him.😁😁😁😁

Bannan is no where in sight as Josh has gone over half way.😂😂😂😂

35 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

But we didn't have to wait for 10 games for him to score as you said.

Those 6 games when he didn't score he was mostly isolated on his own up front with little support. It was more down to Moore's negative tactics than anything. 

Anyway 6 league goals in 13 starts and 3 sub appearances isn't to be sniffed at.

And it took an entire formation and tactics change to get him firing, we're still getting used to the changes.

My point is this:

Can we afford another change of formation, or another 3 losses?