12 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Bet he regrets the day he left us.

Well he will if he's bothered about playing in games rather than getting splinters in his arris.

Including the 31 minutes he played last night he's played a total of 50 minutes this season for Udinese

out of 13 matches.WTF:

(And I don't think he has had any significant injury)

Edited by oldtawnyowl

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, York_Owl said:

Letting a player of that quality leave for nothing is part of the reason why we are where we are.

:Chansiri: you may want to speak to this bloke and the 8m + he turned down, from him, although there were others, as well.

14 hours ago, The coach said:

Great strike..but it kinda proves the point I’ve been telling people for years...you should never have a wall..without a wall the keeper sees that early and would easy get across to gather it

Have to completely disagree with this. Walls are very important. Could argue 35+ yards out maybe not as much. 

As a keeper you should be on your toes, knees bent, positioning yourself to the left of the wall so you can easily see the ball. Or in training you speak to players so that 1 keeps their legs open so you can see the ball and trajectory.

It’s a great strike, but I honestly think a better keeper makes a straight forward save and possibly even catches it. Footwork is hugely underrated for goalkeepers and those that move quicker and take better steps make everything much easier.

I’ve always been of the opinion that the best keepers are the ones who make the majority of saves look easy. That’s mainly down to positioning, footwork and anticipation.

1 hour ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Well he will if he's bothered about playing in games rather than getting splinters in his arris.

Including the 31 minutes he played last night he's played a total of 50 minutes this season for Udinese

out of 13 matches.WTF:

(And I don't think he has had any significant injury)

I think he missed a couple early on in the season due to injury which set him back and hasn't been able to get a full place in the side since 

8 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You'lI always get the odd case where the wall prevents a 'keeper seeing the ball until it's too late, but I imagine giving decent players a free shot from twenty yards would result in more goals overall.

I mean, the world's leading coaches have all day every day to work on these things in training. I assume they'd do away with walls if they were more of a hindrance than a benefit.

I imagine letting someone run up and smash the ball (knuckleball or whatever) with no wall would result in the ball wobbling all over at pace and on target. Be a nightmare for keepers to gather it and be rebound galore.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I imagine letting someone run up and smash the ball (knuckleball or whatever) with no wall would result in the ball wobbling all over at pace and on target. Be a nightmare for keepers to gather it and be rebound galore.

Well yeah, that seems pretty obvious to me, too.

And to the vast majority of professional managers, too.

But then we're not the ones advocating never having a wall, are we?

I'm struggling with the logic on that one, to be honest.

• Haha 1