6 hours ago, The coach said:

Great strike..but it kinda proves the point I’ve been telling people for years...you should never have a wall..without a wall the keeper sees that early and would easy get across to gather it

You'lI always get the odd case where the wall prevents a 'keeper seeing the ball until it's too late, but I imagine giving decent players a free shot from twenty yards would result in more goals overall.

I mean, the world's leading coaches have all day every day to work on these things in training. I assume they'd do away with walls if they were more of a hindrance than a benefit.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The coach said:

Great strike..but it kinda proves the point I’ve been telling people for years...you should never have a wall..without a wall the keeper sees that early and would easy get across to gather it

Would also give the free kick taker to kick the ball harder and more accurately as they don't have to consider the wall in their thinking.

Be interesting to see if there is any research on this, I'd be very surprised if the data supports your claim.  

9 hours ago, reggae said:

I've seen a few. 

But the goal against Norwich is simply on par with harkes v derby 

Assume you mean the one at Norwich. Absolute cracker.

But he also scored a similar free kick to the one in the video when we beat Norwich 5-1 at Hillsborough the first time.  We also beat them 5-1 the season after when Nuhiu scored a hattrick. 

2 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

That one season we got out of him was fantastic.

Moped about and wasn't nearly as arsed after that first season.

Even Adam Reach scores spectacular goals every now and then.

Ahhh the one season myth.

He was our top goalscorer in his 2nd season and in his third season got 5 in 8 games on his return.

After that the consistency went but the whole club was a clusterfuck.

• Like 1