Mendez Laing Signs - Official

4 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Now he's going to get 10 games playing badly while the good players are on the bench, like the rest of DM's mates.

Some of the city's low life suppliers of certain pharmaceutical products will be rubbing their hands.

Seriously though I'm concerned that just when Corbeanu starts getting game time, MDL will get picked ahead of him.

There is also the question of his attitude. Apparently at Boro he didn't impress in that respect and they didn't offer him a permanent deal.

I'm going to look at this positively and with the benefit of the doubt, that Moore has finally worked out what he's doing with this system and team, and that he thinks Mendez-Laing is able to fit that better than some of the wingers we have right now - presumably with some of them (Sow, Shodipo?) leaving. 

Let's see how absolutely foolish that makes me look. 

• Like 2

Bit of a gamble given his track record - but his footballing record also includes some excellent performances in this league and the one above. 

Still under 30 so plenty to give. My main issue is the number of wingers we’ve got  (surely Sow will go), but in itself it doesn’t seem a bad signing. Not buying into the stuff about DM adding to the wrong area of the team, Brennan’s performance on Saturday was reassuring on that front.

29 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Bit of a gamble given his track record - but his footballing record also includes some excellent performances in this league and the one above. 

Still under 30 so plenty to give. My main issue is the number of wingers we’ve got  (surely Sow will go), but in itself it doesn’t seem a bad signing. Not buying into the stuff about DM adding to the wrong area of the team, Brennan’s performance on Saturday was reassuring on that front.

We didn't announce the contract length when we signed Sow but I bet its at least a year. 

I'd say there's more chance of Shodipo's loan being terminated. 

• Like 2

One day we will figure DM's thinking to things. We will. Maybe the move for the centre back has fell through so he's going all hog on having Johnsson as a centre back. Just adding one winger to replace one from the pool. He might even try one of these wingers down the middle at some point. Total football.