Adele

FreshOwl

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Can someone explain this obsession because I honestly don’t understand it. Morbid depressing music which all sounds the same. She has a great voice, but her music…urgh 

Agreed - seems that there was something about these musicians that came through the brit school...Dunno for the life of me what it is thought, they are all garbage, from Rizzle kicks to Kate Nash.. Jessie J.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

it doesn't ruin things for me

It pushes hard the fact that working class people can make it, and is a huge inspiration to girls up and down the country that are from all the regions or that might have accents

Yeah, you’re right. It is better than her trying to be a stuck-up fake. 

• Love 1

Cream curdlingly bad songs full of cliches.

Also her voice, its not good, at all.

She has far too low a voice for the vocal range she sings - Alison Moyet and Stevie Nicks had low registers and sang accordingly. They didn't attempt to belt out high notes that end up sounding like cats wailing.

Congratulations for making absolutely millions and millions of pounds though. For that I can't fault her.

1 hour ago, danblakemore said:

Many independent record stores are current boycotting her new album. Due to her complete disregards of the etiquette on vinyl printing. That and her demands to Spotify mean I’m deffo out now. 

Wait...

They actually think ADELE has pushed her way to the front of the pressing plants?

Adele?

Not the record company?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Wait...

They actually think ADELE has pushed her way to the front of the pressing plants?

Adele?

Not the record company?

lol

yeah she walked in screaming at them in that essex voice while brandishing a sawn off shotgun like a scene from snatch

So it's one record shop... https://www.bigissue.com/culture/music/an-independent-record-store-is-boycotting-adeles-new-album-in-a-row-over-vinyl/

This bit is the best: “We would only have sold about three copies in total if we were stocking it, so it won’t make any difference to her whatsoever,” said Savage. 

I had five vinyl albums on pre-order with a November 19 release date, same as hers. They all turned up.

3 hours ago, 1867owl said:

Soul destroyingly bland ballads written for people to cry along to at home while going through break ups.

I cannot stand her music.

She's got an absolutely beautiful voice though, and I quite like her too.

F*cking f*ck her music though.

what he said  ^^^

this gets me off every time.  horses for courses.