Short sighted .....

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

People have made their mind up on Moore and now won’t give him any credit whatsoever.

Pathetic really 

It's strange isn't it? I wanted him out after Oxford game, I'll admit, but performance levels have gone up massively since then, am happy to say I was wrong and think Moore will do well in long term.

6 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Some people are easily pleased.

I want us to win the league too but in a manner befitting the club.  Goalkeepers making saves makes us look bad (IMO) and I think would work against us in the long run.  If the Keeper has to make a save, can we really claim the 3 points?  Yes, but we've degraded the club in doing so.

We should play without a goalie really, as League 1 attackers should not be getting past our defence to take shots.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

People have made their mind up on Moore and now won’t give him any credit whatsoever.

Pathetic really 

Indeed.

Here is the thing.  I think we will lose tomorrow, we are up against the team I believe will win the league.  But you know what, teams lose including us.  Losing tomorrow against an in form team who are the best side in the league does not mean pressure on the manager.  We have lost 1 in 6 games this season.  Keep that up and we will be close to promotion.

We are getting better, that is the key.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Indeed.

Here is the thing.  I think we will lose tomorrow, we are up against the team I believe will win the league.  But you know what, teams lose including us.  Losing tomorrow against an in form team who are the best side in the league does not mean pressure on the manager.  We have lost 1 in 6 games this season.  Keep that up and we will be close to promotion.

We are getting better, that is the key.

Wonder what people expect after last season really. The ‘rebuild’ has only just started. We were a club riddled with embargo’s and points deductions. Players on expensive contracts running them down because no club wanted to take them as they couldn’t afford their wages. Players consistently not paid to the point where they threatened a walk out and didn’t want to travel to a game last season. 

Even now we get an automatic points deduction if our chairman decides not to pay the lads on pay day.

This isn’t an easy job for any manager. He’s had to bring in 14 new players on loans and free transfers and is trying to change the culture at the club which for the past few years has been set up to fail. 

Despite all that we are 7th, knocking on the play offs and have only lost three games all season - better than any other club in the league.

I think he’s doing a pretty decent job all things considered. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, John Howard said:

Except for an outstanding save  at the death  we would have let a 3-0 lead slip to  a very  embarrassing   3-3 draw ....

Everyone would then have posted vitriolic messages re. bottlers, typical Wednesday etc .

Even with returning stars we still have not got things right and are only in a 'near play off position' due to the poor standard of the league .

Moore still not the man ....sorry ...likeable guy

EXCEPT for...

So if you're taking missed chances by Accrington into account, why not Bannan's sitter early on; what about the 3v1 where Patterson sent Kamberi offside, what about Patterson alone on goal, what about Gregory through on goal once or twice in 2nd half?

If you're calculating near goals from AS; then we were closer with ours and should really have won 2-7.

BUT neither happened; and we won 2-3.

• Like 1

We have lost the same number of games as Plymouth who are top. It’s down to the players to see out games we are leading in and by that it’s leadership on the pitch and not the sidelines that’s the issue.

3 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

EXCEPT for...

So if you're taking missed chances by Accrington into account, why not Bannan's sitter early on; what about the 3v1 where Patterson sent Kamberi offside, what about Patterson alone on goal, what about Gregory through on goal once or twice in 2nd half?

If you're calculating near goals from AS; then we were closer with ours and should really have won 2-7.

BUT neither happened; and we won 2-3.

No one can argue with that and if in January we get someone capable of putting these chances away, we can really kick on.

29 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I want us to win the league too but in a manner befitting the club.  Goalkeepers making saves makes us look bad (IMO) and I think would work against us in the long run.  If the Keeper has to make a save, can we really claim the 3 points?  Yes, but we've degraded the club in doing so.

What are you on?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Manwë said:

It’s all the fault of Yorkshire CCC!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This is a poor league and Accrington are a poor team in poor form. We clung on to beat them. We played well the first 35 and the last 10. They had the other 45 mins. With the squad we should be better than this at this stage of the season. Against a better team, it's unlikely we would have gone 3 up but likely we would still have conceded. I understand why people are happy with the win but it was anything but convincing. Take the 3 points but all the problems after the other games are still there. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, El Toro said:

We have lost the same number of games as Plymouth who are top. It’s down to the players to see out games we are leading in and by that it’s leadership on the pitch and not the sidelines that’s the issue.

We're not top though are we? Most of the problems, I belive, are very much on the sidelines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Howard said:

Except for an outstanding save  at the death  we would have let a 3-0 lead slip to  a very  embarrassing   3-3 draw ....

Everyone would then have posted vitriolic messages re. bottlers, typical Wednesday etc .

Even with returning stars we still have not got things right and are only in a 'near play off position' due to the poor standard of the league .

Moore still not the man ....sorry ...likeable guy

My thoughts too,BPF wonder save,glad for the win & 3 points but luck changes,...

• Haha 1

I think the OP would get more traction if we hadn’t done this in our last 4 league games:-

P4. W2. D2. L0. GF9. GA5

We attack, we are fairly direct without being crude, we are scoring handsomely and creating shedloads.

I have lingering doubts about Moore, but they are shoved totally to one side right now. Really enjoying it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

OK lets ignore our long unbeaten run, our rapidly improving form, our massive increase in chance creation and improvement in all round play.  Not to mention that rare thing our fans have been calling for for years , football that is more end to end and involves more goals (and risks).  

We should ignore all of that and go on your view.

Lets see how the next 2 season making/breaking games play out...........we will have a better view of where our season is going after that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

I think it's fair that Moore's position is under scrutiny. An uptick in performances (although starting from a low bar) and a couple of wins is positive, but is anyone confident this can be maintained consistently?

Only time will tell either way, but this week is a big week.

Curiously, as injuries have occurred  made team selection easier and performances improved. When we had an almost full squad, we were at our worst. 

I hope Moore succeeds, because I want us to succeed. I go into this important week with hope, but low confidence and still think ultimately it will need a managerial change to challenge for promotion. Delighted to be proved wrong though. 

I like DM as person he comes across as a damn decent human being,but if his job does come under scrutiny,it will be all his own doing..........

SWFC is a job,not a charity appointment or pension scheme,and the demands of football management are high.Its totally results driven and even the best managers in the business get sacked if those dont come up to scratch

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I think the Qanon Thread is in the dressing room, 

image.png.f098069135572a8983fcdc74a0d128d9.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, parajack said:

I like DM as person he comes across as a damn decent human being,but if his job does come under scrutiny,it will be all his own doing..........

SWFC is a job,not a charity appointment or pension scheme,and the demands of football management are high.Its totally results driven and even the best managers in the business get sacked if those dont come up to scratch

Can't disagree with any of that

There’s too many people on here with their expectation levels set too high and you’re going to be forever unhappy following Wednesday. Not many relegated sides (in any division) are promoted straight away the following season and those that are are the ones like a Norwich and Rotherham that have a settled side and are well run and sustainable clubs.

Just remember how big our player turnover was at the end of last season and the start of this, probably bigger than anyone’s. Yes I wish DM would stop tinkering as much as he does with the starting line-ups but that’s my only real criticism of him right now. He’s started to be a little more attacking with his line-ups the past few games and it’s bearing fruit.

Having played at a good level myself the emphasis on getting over the line in games comes mainly from knowledge of the game by the players and the leadership on the pitch to take the game up that extra 5 yards and not sit back. There really isn’t a lot that a manager can do at that point of the game that a professional footballer shouldn’t already know.

We are about where I expected us to be in the league right now due to all the upheaval in the Summer and the relegation fallout. We’ve got players in and that’s good but let us not forget that these are loans and freebies so not necessarily the exact players DM would have wanted to succeed.

Changing the manager now makes no sense whatsoever.

• Like 6