Short sighted .....

We got used to losing over the last few years, Moore seems to have made us used to drawing. If we can get in the habit of winning then that has a huge impact on performance and style of play and result. Confidence is a fickle thing. I'm more than happy to see a high tempo start and some attacking intent leading to a win.

• Like 2

I thought it was the mandatory qualification for referees!

It is better when we don't play out from the back, move the ball quicker and have Luongo fit. Windass coming back should be a big improvement too. I am just concerned that we might lapse back into our old ways of playing it out from the back and being too defensive when we get a lead.

It is still worrying that we rarely score when we are on top, Saturday and Sunderland aside.

We can't afford to be too optimistic but the last few games have been better. Unbelievably, Palmer and Johnson in their new roles as central attacking wing backs poses a real threat. Possibly at both ends of the pitch but it is good to watch  lol

• Like 2

I think it's fair that Moore's position is under scrutiny. An uptick in performances (although starting from a low bar) and a couple of wins is positive, but is anyone confident this can be maintained consistently?

Only time will tell either way, but this week is a big week.

Curiously, as injuries have occurred  made team selection easier and performances improved. When we had an almost full squad, we were at our worst. 

I hope Moore succeeds, because I want us to succeed. I go into this important week with hope, but low confidence and still think ultimately it will need a managerial change to challenge for promotion. Delighted to be proved wrong though. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, John Howard said:

Except for an outstanding save  at the death  we would have let a 3-0 lead slip to  a very  embarrassing   3-3 draw ....

Everyone would then have posted vitriolic messages re. bottlers, typical Wednesday etc .

Even with returning stars we still have not got things right and are only in a 'near play off position' due to the poor standard of the league .

Moore still not the man ....sorry ...likeable guy

Could also say if any of our numerous chances went win, we would have won 4-2, 5-2 etc.

All if's and but's, at the end of the day, we have hit form in the league.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Outstanding save yes but we also missed an unbelievable amount of chances. On the balance of play we still deserved the win and played ok.

Continue playing like that and when windass and Gregory are both fit we'll score bucket loads.

Paterson should have had at least 2, bannan missed a sitter.  

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

22 minutes ago, John Howard said:

Except for an outstanding save  at the death  we would have let a 3-0 lead slip to  a very  embarrassing   3-3 draw ....

Everyone would then have posted vitriolic messages re. bottlers, typical Wednesday etc .

Even with returning stars we still have not got things right and are only in a 'near play off position' due to the poor standard of the league .

Moore still not the man ....sorry ...likeable guy

Yes nearly did a Wednesday your missing the point. We played well and on another day could have had 8 or 9. Not Moores fault we missed at least 3 sitters. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

OK lets ignore our long unbeaten run, our rapidly improving form, our massive increase in chance creation and improvement in all round play.  Not to mention that rare thing our fans have been calling for for years , football that is more end to end and involves more goals (and risks).  

We should ignore all of that and go on your view.

Exactly. And the sitters that we missed which could and should have made the half time score 5 or 6. 

1 minute ago, Manwë said:

Some people are easily pleased.

I want us to win the league too but in a manner befitting the club.  Goalkeepers making saves makes us look bad (IMO) and I think would work against us in the long run.  If the Keeper has to make a save, can we really claim the 3 points?  Yes, but we've degraded the club in doing so.

Yes, and if the strikers score goals we also should not claim the points either, should we?