Sheffield Wednesday vs Milton Keynes OMDT

Who supports MK? Assuming that most Wimbledon fans stayed loyal to the phoenix club, how can a club founded in 2004 have an attendance of 9,904 in their last league home game?

Most residents in MK will have had a pre existing football allegiance before the club came to be, presumably a London club. So who are these fans? It's strange that a club formed in 2004 can get far bigger attendances than most clubs in league one and two. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Portia said:

Who supports MK? Assuming that most Wimbledon fans stayed loyal to the phoenix club, how can a club founded in 2004 have an attendance of 9,904 in their last league home game?

Most residents in MK will have had a pre existing football allegiance before the club came to be, presumably a London club. So who are these fans? It's strange that a club formed in 2004 can get far bigger attendances than most clubs in league one and two. 

MK is nearly 2 hours from Wimbledon, don't think that the old support are their target audience.

Milton Keynes has a population of 230k, and as someone posted earlier, they're priced well. 

Why not get 10k? 2004 is 17 years ago, there's a whole generation now who have had that as their local team most of their life.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Portia said:

We've already seen a Wednesday fan in this thread who has a MK Dons season ticket. If MK can get young fans on board then parents are going to take them if it's good pricing. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, flo said:

We've already seen a Wednesday fan in this thread who has a MK Dons season ticket. If MK can get young fans on board then parents are going to take them if it's good pricing. 

This

They are a second team to many who live in home counties north of London.

Cost/ availability of tickets at the London Premier League teams and Watford means can't get there.

Northerners exiled in South cant get to every home game for clubs they support in North due to other commitments - work, kids etc.

MKD free to park 5 mins from ground, easy to get to as just off motorway, always seats there, very cheap.

Each adult paying can take 3 kids in for free.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Of course And I don’t disagree. Not sure MK dons disagree either.  Hence the massive focus on younger fans ( under 12 free to get in ) for whom the history is as relevant as arsenal moving from woolwich is to us . 

True.

I do think they really need to drop the 'Dons' from their name and make a clean break from their past, though. It seems a bit disrespectful to still be clinging on to any part of that identity when they're clearly not the same club as the old Wimbledon.

Have their fans never pushed for a rebrand at any point?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

True.

I do think they really need to drop the 'Dons' from their name and make a clean break from their past, though. It seems a bit disrespectful to still be clinging on to any part of that identity when they're clearly not the same club as the old Wimbledon.

Have their fans never pushed for a rebrand at any point?

Weren’t they going to be rebranded Club MK a few years back or have I dreamt that? 

Do I feel hopeful for a result? Yes.

Do I feel optimistic we're actually going to go and get one? No.

Tough opponent and a real test for this league, getting 3pts in a power struggle vs MK Rondas... with a win I've got a feeling we'll be sat in the play offs come the end of the night.