Sheffield Wednesday vs Milton Keynes OMDT

I'm all for giving a manager time but Daz has tested me to my limits, I stated on here a short while ago that I could see some green shoots of improvement, tonight was probably the best performance of the season against a decent MK Dons side, well deserved wins and sets it up nicely for Saturday.

• Haha 1

Just home. Third game of the season after Fleetwood (OK for August) and Lincoln (oh dear). 

Unrecognisable better. Thought with ten to go I'd be praising a promising but fruitless performance. Instead a great win in what may be a rehearsal for the play off final. We deserved that but MKD were organised, quick, and good decision making. 

Shout out to the defence after a slightly shaky start. 

• Thanks 1

Really enjoyed the game tonight👍

Some nice football on show.

It would have been a travesty if we hadn't won that!

Not one weak link IMO, but Dunkley was immense and it is great to have Windass & Luongo back.

Saturday will be a tough game and I don't want to get too carried away as it is still early days, but something special might be happening here, at last.

Well done Sheffield Wednesday.

Well done Darren Moore!

• Like 1

With the poor results he’s had and how we’ve struggled at times,  to be where we are in the league after all is considered I think DM deserves some credit 

Am I convinced he’s got what it takes in the long term or when the going gets tough again ? No , not entirely 

But I strongly do think he has a squad of players here, that could see him be successful if we can maintain there fitness 

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I caught an angry man. 

on the whole, everyone on this forum has been class with me for 10 years. Everyone and again one person like you comes out of the woodwork. Newsflash, nobody cares.

Ignore mate, good to hear from you.

I thought you were a decent side to be fair, well organised and passed the ball nicely. Frustrated us at times. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Including tonight, he's scored two more goals from outside the box since they did this graphic too....

image.png.dcc903411a24096119c36de96d1f4950.png

6 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

The entire Wednesday team have scored 6 goals from outside the box in the same time.

Am I the only f*cker that read it's for the 2020/21 season and they stopped counting in June? lol

On 23/11/2021 at 05:38, mcmigo said:

My ‘ second club’- I have a season ticket at mk with my kids.  My son plays football Saturday mornings, if he has a later kick off we can’t get to swfc in time so we go see mk dons .

a very , very good team this season and I think they will win the league .  The keeper is calm and good with ball , defence all very comfortable playing out led by the wily old Lewington who is still there from wimbledon days amazingly - the longest serving footballer still playing today in England.  Midfield is pivoted on Josh McRechan , once the next big thing at Chelsea and a very tidy footballer. Up front all 4 strikers are rapid , young  and will run our defence all over the place.  Wotters in particular is on a hot run of form. 

i would take a point all day long tonight , but think we will get beat quite heavily.  Our chance against them is to get down the sides . Their wide players are the weakest two in the side and beatable by good wing play.  

i would not start Gregory for this as the MKD defence will have their slippers on against him. Instead I would have Kamberi up there and tell him to run himself ragged for an hour then hook him.  I would have Windass in as 10 to pull the dons apart a bit, and to help press Josh Mc in their midfield.

Prediction - we will lose 4-0 and will need a dusting down .

Ahem!😊

24 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Ahem!😊

Glad I was so far wrong ! We really were excellent last night .  MKD are a very good team and we battered them.  They missed JM in midfield, and to be fair I was right about Windass . He made a big difference and disrupted the dons closer to their goal.