Sheffield Wednesday vs Milton Keynes OMDT

That was a nice surprise on a bleary eyed Tuesday morning.

Excellent OT sir, I think they'll probably stick with your rebranding, it seems to work quite well and it has ample new logo opportunities.

It's going to be a tough game this, so let's go out there and batter em.

Come on Wednesday!

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yes, since stealing a club from its historical home, they've built a nice home for themselves and play some attractive football, which is good for them.

In the grand scheme of things, however, I still think the entire club is an abomination which never should have been allowed to come about in the way that it did.

It would have been much better had they worked their way up the footballing pyramid, a bit like - and I'm just plucking a random example from thin air here - AFC Wimbledon had to.

Of course And I don’t disagree. Not sure MK dons disagree either.  Hence the massive focus on younger fans ( under 12 free to get in ) for whom the history is as relevant as arsenal moving from woolwich is to us . 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

Pity Max Watters isnt called Tom really.

Pity he is playing as well.

very decent forward at this level. Quick, direct and a very good finisher.

the kid on loan from spurs , Parrott, will run all day but doesn’t have the quality of watters. Their 10 Twine is also very good and his free kicks are a threat.

5 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

the kid on loan from spurs , Parrott, will run all day but doesn’t have the quality of watters. Their 10 Twine is also very good and his free kicks are a threat.

Can he string a pass or two together?

Sorry, it’s early

6 hours ago, Bakewell Owl said:

Excellent OMDT M'lord, hope that line up is correct, this is probably the most important match of the season so far, get on the front foot, get them beaten and send a message out to the rest of the league.

on a different note, once saw David Bowie at the MK Arena, happy days

come on Wednesday!

We only went to watch the Wednesday 

16 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Isnt Watters on loan as well?

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well worth a watch.

Match day previews

I wouldn't have thought when I was younger I'd be able to watch dedicated Wednesday based shows on the TV.

I say m'lud are these inter wotsit people trying to steal your thunder with OMDT. Won't do I tell you, won't do. Pass me the Brandy.

• Like 1

They are on a good run, indifferent before that and much like when we played Wigan, they have played teams down the bottom, the difference being they won games. 

Particularly at home, I hope Moore doesn't get scared and go defensive. We've all seen that we are at our best with a high tempo going forward.

With our defensive frailties, not going to pull of a game plan trying to keep a clean sheet, so best to have a mindset to outscore them. 

Think it will be 2-1 to someone, hopefully us. 

Edited by striker

3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

My ‘ second club’- I have a season ticket at mk with my kids.  My son plays football Saturday mornings, if he has a later kick off we can’t get to swfc in time so we go see mk dons .

a very , very good team this season and I think they will win the league .  The keeper is calm and good with ball , defence all very comfortable playing out led by the wily old Lewington who is still there from wimbledon days amazingly - the longest serving footballer still playing today in England.  Midfield is pivoted on Josh McRechan , once the next big thing at Chelsea and a very tidy footballer. Up front all 4 strikers are rapid , young  and will run our defence all over the place.  Wotters in particular is on a hot run of form. 

i would take a point all day long tonight , but think we will get beat quite heavily.  Our chance against them is to get down the sides . Their wide players are the weakest two in the side and beatable by good wing play.  

i would not start Gregory for this as the MKD defence will have their slippers on against him. Instead I would have Kamberi up there and tell him to run himself ragged for an hour then hook him.  I would have Windass in as 10 to pull the dons apart a bit, and to help press Josh Mc in their midfield.

Prediction - we will lose 4-0 and will need a dusting down .

sound, anyone want a season ticket tonight on the north? Anymore good news for us Migo?

4 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

sound, anyone want a season ticket tonight on the north? Anymore good news for us Migo?

Should be a good game if we turn up and play as we can.  If we don’t , we wont get away with a draw as we have occasionally this season when not on it.  We will get thumped.  

They are a good team but beatable if we push and press them and get the ball wide . 

• Thanks 1