Sheffield Wednesday vs Milton Keynes OMDT

Excellent OMDT M'lord, hope that line up is correct, this is probably the most important match of the season so far, get on the front foot, get them beaten and send a message out to the rest of the league.

on a different note, once saw David Bowie at the MK Arena, happy days

come on Wednesday!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

No, no, no ! Not roundabouts  and not mk. There's an Up North sounding village not too far away.     STOOANY STRATFORD.

There we have it Stooany Stratford FC !

Stoney Stratford, had in the 17th and 18th centuries two coaching inns, the ******** and the bull, whose patrons were renowned for tall tales, hence "a ******** and bull story"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.84ef25f4d0a42c64591e0f97d9918c37.png

"You seem a bit wistful, Sir?"

"Yes, I'm just thinking Stubbs. Thinking about this lot"

"Which lot, Sir?"

"MK Dons"

"What about them, Sir?"

"I don't think they should be called Dons. They're not the Dons are they. They're not the Wimble-dons. They're no Dons at all"

"I don't suppose it matters, Sir"

"Of course it matters! These little things are the building blocks of the game. The very foundations on which anything pure in the game still stands.  Besides which, they're in bloody Buckinghamshire. They should be called something unrelated to the Dons. Something of their own. Not something pick-pocketed out of someone else's pocket, by gad!"

"The Bucks perhaps?"

"Too generalised, Stubbs. It needs to be something associated with the Town itself."

"Uhmm.....erm..."

"Exactly Stubbs. Uhmm. No wonder they piggy backed the Dons! Place is , well, y'know, well it's Milton Keynes, isn't it. But there must be something. Think man!"

"Uhm"

"They must be famous for something"

"I can't recall anything about the place from our last visit, Sir. Other than the roundabouts"

"That'll do!"

Sheffield Wednesday

vs

MK Roundabouts

image.png.efd22b0abd10287e61308ceed4a8fb31.png

League One

Kick off 19:45

Hillsborough

Wednesday are now within two points of sixth-placed Sunderland in the final playoff spot.

Ending a run of five consecutive draws in the league with the victory over Accrington, Wednesday's season looks to be back on track.

Despite their stuttering form of late, the home side are unbeaten in their last seven League One matches, with just one loss in their previous 11. Extending that run to one loss in 12 will be the target for Darren Moore, whose attention will now switch towards picking up their first home win since early October.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE WEDNESDAY

Lee Gregory is in line for a recall to the starting line up. The top scorer has been out for a week with a calf strain.  Darren Moore will have to decide if two games in 3 days is too much for midfield anchor Massimo Luongo who has missed much of the campaign after limping from the field at full time against Rotherham earlier in the season with a relapse of a former injury. 

If Luongo drops out George Byers or Lewis Wing will be considered for the midfield spot. 

3-5-2

image.png.56304019d254ada45d9b96a3f51eb83a.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MK ROUNDABOUTS

MK  have enjoyed their time in front of goal this season, with no side in the division having scored more goals than them at this stage.

Scott Twine leads the scoring charts for the visitors with eight goals for the campaign, while Max Watters was the only man on target in their recent 1-0 win over Burton.

At the other end of the pitch, Andy Fisher has started all of their league games bar one this season and the shot-stopper will be eyeing up his first back-to-back clean sheets of the campaign.

3-4-3

image.png.e45bc3e0a6dc3b60e118942f301777cb.png

AS IT STANDS

image.png.d25807ea417a15dd807bd7f8c8e12b9e.png

FORM GUIDE

image.png.d7da824e8e00fd86ffaf6cf6e5e3d728.png

tenor.gif.53c535e124131d64de0917983c59797b.gif

Isn't that Leeds Castle?

• Like 1

Stole a club and attempted to steal a couple of river names in Sheffield, a despicable club and always will be.

They are the Gollum of the footballing world and I can only hope Milton Keynes is consumed by a volcanic lava that rids the world of all footballing evil, and brings about the age of real men.  Then something about eagles.

Supply and demand. Football demands their non-existance.  Supply it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

My ‘ second club’- I have a season ticket at mk with my kids.  My son plays football Saturday mornings, if he has a later kick off we can’t get to swfc in time so we go see mk dons .

a very , very good team this season and I think they will win the league .  The keeper is calm and good with ball , defence all very comfortable playing out led by the wily old Lewington who is still there from wimbledon days amazingly - the longest serving footballer still playing today in England.  Midfield is pivoted on Josh McRechan , once the next big thing at Chelsea and a very tidy footballer. Up front all 4 strikers are rapid , young  and will run our defence all over the place.  Wotters in particular is on a hot run of form. 

i would take a point all day long tonight , but think we will get beat quite heavily.  Our chance against them is to get down the sides . Their wide players are the weakest two in the side and beatable by good wing play.  

i would not start Gregory for this as the MKD defence will have their slippers on against him. Instead I would have Kamberi up there and tell him to run himself ragged for an hour then hook him.  I would have Windass in as 10 to pull the dons apart a bit, and to help press Josh Mc in their midfield.

Prediction - we will lose 4-0 and will need a dusting down .

Thanks a lot mate. I was really looking forward to the match but now I’m hid behind the settee.

It does sound like our threadbare defence will be under a lot of pressure. I hope DM doesn’t chicken out and go for Brown rather than Corbeanu.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Ah ! That's great Bakewell, I thought you were going to mention xxxxxx  Middleton at first !

yup we have Stoney Middleton, but just off the M40 is a village called Middleton Stoney, this OMDT could turn into a weird geography trivia thread😀

15 minutes ago, Bakewell Owl said:

yup we have Stoney Middleton, but just off the M40 is a village called Middleton Stoney, this OMDT could turn into a weird geography trivia thread😀

What you need is a Stoney Middleton promotional video.

These boys can help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.84ef25f4d0a42c64591e0f97d9918c37.png

"You seem a bit wistful, Sir?"

"Yes, I'm just thinking Stubbs. Thinking about this lot"

"Which lot, Sir?"

"MK Dons"

"What about them, Sir?"

"I don't think they should be called Dons. They're not the Dons are they. They're not the Wimble-dons. They're no Dons at all"

"I don't suppose it matters, Sir"

"Of course it matters! These little things are the building blocks of the game. The very foundations on which anything pure in the game still stands.  Besides which, they're in bloody Buckinghamshire. They should be called something unrelated to the Dons. Something of their own. Not something pick-pocketed out of someone else's pocket, by gad!"

"The Bucks perhaps?"

"Too generalised, Stubbs. It needs to be something associated with the Town itself."

"Uhmm.....erm..."

"Exactly Stubbs. Uhmm. No wonder they piggy backed the Dons! Place is , well, y'know, well it's Milton Keynes, isn't it. But there must be something. Think man!"

"Uhm"

"They must be famous for something"

"I can't recall anything about the place from our last visit, Sir. Other than the roundabouts"

"That'll do!"

Sheffield Wednesday

vs

MK Roundabouts

image.png.efd22b0abd10287e61308ceed4a8fb31.png

League One

Kick off 19:45

Hillsborough

Wednesday are now within two points of sixth-placed Sunderland in the final playoff spot.

Ending a run of five consecutive draws in the league with the victory over Accrington, Wednesday's season looks to be back on track.

Despite their stuttering form of late, the home side are unbeaten in their last seven League One matches, with just one loss in their previous 11. Extending that run to one loss in 12 will be the target for Darren Moore, whose attention will now switch towards picking up their first home win since early October.

THE WEDNESDAY

Lee Gregory is in line for a recall to the starting line up. The top scorer has been out for a week with a calf strain.  Darren Moore will have to decide if two games in 3 days is too much for midfield anchor Massimo Luongo who has missed much of the campaign after limping from the field at full time against Rotherham earlier in the season with a relapse of a former injury. 

If Luongo drops out George Byers or Lewis Wing will be considered for the midfield spot. 

3-5-2

image.png.56304019d254ada45d9b96a3f51eb83a.png

MK ROUNDABOUTS

MK  have enjoyed their time in front of goal this season, with no side in the division having scored more goals than them at this stage.

Scott Twine leads the scoring charts for the visitors with eight goals for the campaign, while Max Watters was the only man on target in their recent 1-0 win over Burton.

At the other end of the pitch, Andy Fisher has started all of their league games bar one this season and the shot-stopper will be eyeing up his first back-to-back clean sheets of the campaign.

3-4-3

image.png.e45bc3e0a6dc3b60e118942f301777cb.png

AS IT STANDS

image.png.d25807ea417a15dd807bd7f8c8e12b9e.png

FORM GUIDE

image.png.d7da824e8e00fd86ffaf6cf6e5e3d728.png

tenor.gif.53c535e124131d64de0917983c59797b.gif

MK Ultra

Wished we could be brainwashed into thinking we played/was like Man City etc. Maybe our Sports Psychologist could help, if he's helping the players play in random positions etc. I'm sure he could manage the brainwashing no problem.

FabulousShadowyJumpingbean-size_restrict 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Like many football fans, I have a strong disliking for Franchise FC.

No matter what they do, their club is forever tainted by the manner of its creation.

I really hope we beat them.

I do get that , but I will say for many young fans that is ancient history.

the club has a fantastic stadium, incredibly cheap season  tickets ( I paid a total of 200 quid for me and my two kids) and usually take a risk on a young up and coming coach.

as you say many fans won’t ever like them but they certainly go about their business in the right way nowadays. 

they are getting close to 10k at home some matches now , and it helps that last season and this season they tap it around very nicely indeed .

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Thanks a lot mate. I was really looking forward to the match but now I’m hid behind the settee.

It does sound like our threadbare defence will be under a lot of pressure. I hope DM doesn’t chicken out and go for Brown rather than Corbeanu.

Let’s see

Two form teams.

If we can get ourselves a rapid forward in Jan and get the centre backs fit, I reckon we might be seeing the top 2 in may play tonight.