One Loss in the Last 12...

2 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Couldn’t or wouldn’t, many feel that the failure to pay wages was a factor in the clubs abject surrender last season. If it was a deliberate act (wouldn’t) it appears ill advised and counter productive. 

Anyway, the actual point was about the relative strength of squads in this division. The scenario was actually painted by Fresh Owl that SWFC and, in particular, the playing squad are somehow the best in League 1.. The table suggests otherwise so I’m interested in the rationale as I don’t know enough about everyone else’s squads. 

Rationale is simple,we haven't been languishing in this league for Years but newly relegated,and than only by an EFL points deduction.

We have i believe some 7 players in our team from last years Championship side,the remainder either players on loan from Championship or PL Clubs,or former Championship players.

Players on existing contracts will have been on a significantly higher salary,and contracts signed before we were relegated were not bound by any L1 salary cap(gentleman's agreement now,but EFL  requirement initially)

This i believe by comparison(at least on paper) should give you your answer