Great performance by the coaching/management team

Moore used his contacts and personal touch to help us put together an exciting group of young players.

without Moore god knows what we would have got..

now we have to do him the courtesy of letting the team work with the squad .

if Moore goes it would set us back .

he needs wins ,those three points were a start ..we need Moore now 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

A lot of fans expect us to be much further on than we are which is their opinion.

I look at our history in this division and that first season is notoriously difficult. Given the huge turnover of playing staff and the constant injury problems we continue to have, I don’t think we’ve done too badly.

5 games to the halfway point if we are 3 or 4 points nearer to the teams currently above us or better then we’re set fair for an interesting second half of the season. Moore deserves the full season for me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I think it's how we play rather than how we are doing that's got fans heckles up. He can get away with it (just) while we are in contention but I fear for him if he has  2 or 3 defeats on the spin  though theres no reason to think we will.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bhaigh107 said:

I doubt if any league one club could have performed better than Sheffield Wednesday after in the close season bringing in a multitude of new players, all of whom were either free transfers out of contract or loans, so not a great deal of choice there. Then after assembling a nearly new team suffer a load of injuries to key players and still be well in touch at the top of the league. So well done to the coaching and management team

Biggest thanks goes to Chansiri who is paying for it all

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I’m very supportive of Moore right now. But got to point out that of the 14 signings only 4 started yesterday - BPF, Hunt, Gregory, Corbeanu. 

That doesn’t suggest Moore used our money well. 

But on recent form I’ve no issues at all with Moore.

• Like 1

It’s Bi polar on here lately. Excessively excited after a 3-2 win against one of the league’s poorer teams yesterday and hysterical tantrums after losing to the league’s top club in midweek.

Form has been very inconsistent this season, beating some of the top clubs but gifting points to those near the bottom. We’ve seen evidence of progress at times but regressed at others. Yes there as some recent signs of improvement but this team has yet to play well for more than 45 minutes in any  match so far. 

I’m reasonably optimistic but reserving judgment for now. The left side of defence still needs to be strengthened and when  I see our team playing attacking football throughout a full match I’ll be convinced we’re ready for promotion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also wonder how the players we got would perform if the best could be gotten out of them which I think playing it out of back doesn't. 

Its so predictable and causes many a mistake. Just watching Tottenham n the high intensity is incredible, yer don't have to be prem player to be intense just drilled right. 

• Like 1

I don't know of a single fan who doesn't want Moore to succeed at this club. Success, i am sure we would all agree is building a solid squad, developing our own youngsters, having a settled side/formation/tactics and a team that looks cohesive and full of players who want to play for the club.

Yes we're still in touching distance of the play off's, but we are there after looking so disjointed thus far. We look fragile as a team against teams who can pressure and knock the ball about. We are wasting so many of those 14 players we brought in over the summer too. Our players don't look fit enough, they struggle to see games out and the substitutions made have been quite baffling at times even making us weaker in games.

Questions are being asked of this manager and his coaching staff and rightly so, because even when grinding out results, we haven't looked convincing, unless you count the games against Harrogate & Newcastle U23's. 

I really want Moore to be the manager who is here for years, stabilises the club, eventually takes us up and builds on that and when we announced him i thought he would be too. But he's got a long way to go before he makes me think he's actually capable of that. Based on his performances so far 'great performance' is a massive stretch.

Edited by 0742
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jim said:

A lot of fans expect us to be much further on than we are which is their opinion.

I look at our history in this division and that first season is notoriously difficult. Given the huge turnover of playing staff and the constant injury problems we continue to have, I don’t think we’ve done too badly.

5 games to the halfway point if we are 3 or 4 points nearer to the teams currently above us or better then we’re set fair for an interesting second half of the season. Moore deserves the full season for me.

Good post mate 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To some here it's been a disaster and I think no matter what, they have their mind made up about Moore.

For the more reasonable, we look at the table. 5 points off second place. Sure, the teams around us have games in hand, but how many of those are against each other? 

For each game week, we have to do out job and just hope one of the 6 teams above us slips up. We have two of those teams coming up, so 4 points would be a good return from that and see us within the top 6. 

We're not going to go on some ridiculous unbeaten run, we're going to lose a match eventually and we need to be rational when that happens. There's no need for a meltdown after a bad result. 

For perspective, United sit 5 points off relegation and I don't see them having the same meltdowns that we're having. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HootHoot said:

For perspective, United sit 5 points off relegation and I don't see them having the same meltdowns that we're having. 

A few reasons why United Fans aren’t having the same meltdowns.

Despite their poor start they sit 9 points off the Top 6 with a manager who has a proven record at championship level.

Also with regards to being 5 points off the bottom 3. Even now teams at at

the bottom are trying to avoid the one relegation spot with arguably Barnsley and Derby gone already?

8 hours ago, HootHoot said:

Yes but they are in the league above us. I'd rather be where they are than where we are.