Cole Stockton

42 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i watch on quest and think this lad is some player and why havnt i ever heard of him before this season ..didnt realise he was 28 ...wheres he been playing ?

Morecambe for the past couple of seasons.

Before that, Wrexham, Tranmere, Carlisle, Hearts, and Southport.

You probably never heard of him because he wasn't particularly prolific until last season when he netted 13 in League Two. He's got 12 already so far this season in League One, so is well on track for his career best tally. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Prospect?

He'll be 28 next birthday.

:duntmatter:

28?? :tango: Like others I had never heard of him till this season. 

Saying that didn't we take a chance on Carl Shutt from non league and he was no youngster, they was another one too, can't remember his name but I think he was a binman whilst playing non league football.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's a shame that his machismo, bare-chested, knee-sliding celebration was rendered somewhat comical thanks to the presence of a sports bra.

Ha ha. I always burst out laughing when they take off their shirt to celebrate and they have those on. Must be to stop nipple chafing.

• Haha 1

Taking nothing away from the goal scorer for what was a good opportunist goal, but the Fleetwood goalie was so far out of his goal that, even though he was racing to get back, he was still only on the edge of his penalty area when the ball sailed over his head into the net.

If I was Fleetwood manager, I’d have given him a real ear bashing in the dressing room afterwards. What was he thinking ?

On 21/11/2021 at 21:18, bradowl said:

28?? :tango: Like others I had never heard of him till this season. 

Saying that didn't we take a chance on Carl Shutt from non league and he was no youngster, they was another one too, can't remember his name but I think he was a binman whilst playing non league football.

Colin Walker?

On 21/11/2021 at 09:40, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's a shame that his machismo, bare-chested, knee-sliding celebration was rendered somewhat comical thanks to the presence of a sports bra.

They really get on your t!ts don't they?

• Haha 2

On 22/11/2021 at 20:32, edinburghowl said:

We have had some absolute poo up front at Hearts in my 35 years watching them but Cole Stockton is hands down the worst forward we have ever had.

Incredible that he is scoring goals in League 1 and it says it all about that league. A total huddy. Absolute garbage

But did you rate him or not ? 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

On 22/11/2021 at 13:32, edinburghowl said:

We have had some absolute poo up front at Hearts in my 35 years watching them but Cole Stockton is hands down the worst forward we have ever had.

Incredible that he is scoring goals in League 1 and it says it all about that league. A total huddy. Absolute garbage

Yes, but what do you really think about him? lol

• Haha 1

It seems I’m not alone amongst Hearts fans in this view!

lol A few selections from Kickback on Cole Stockton:

“Anybody remember him hitting the young fan in the puss with the ball in the pre-match warm up at Rugby Park a few years ago? These things happen, but the kid was standing outside in the queue at the time.”

”He was the worst forward I've ever seen. Can't remember who we played, but he tripped over the ball and fell flat on his face, when he was through on the goalie. Also the off side goal v the sheep.”

“English football is beyond overrated. The boy couldn't even get near the ball up here”

”Probably the worst striker I’ve seen at Hearts and he has some healthy competition.”

”He was shockingly bad. Amazes me how many times we get a player and its like they forget how to play football. Its nice he's kicked on, but it would have been nicer if he'd kicked on here instead. Watt, Sammon and Stockton were absolute nightmare fuel.”

“He was absolutely terrible. Has scored something like 28 goals in 3 seasons with Morecambe - which is about the same amount he'd scored over his entire 8/9 year career prior to signing for them. Never scored once for us. When we signed him he had scored just 25 goals in nearly 150 games - many of which were in L2 or below. Absolutely astounding that he was allowed anywhere near Tynecastle.”

“English football beneath the championship is unbelievably poo. My mate played in League 1 for several years so I saw a lot of games. poo is an understatement.”

“He was so bad that he made me look like a footballer.”

“Cole Stockton is pish and will always be pish. Did he not black up for a Christmas party as well?”

“I think he went as a footballer. Nobody bought it.”

“He’s right up there with the worst strikers I’ve seen play for us. Made Jamie Mole look like Batistuta”

”I was in a pub in Leith watching the Dunfermline game in the league cup years ago when he missed that chance at the death from about 2 yards out. I jumped out my seat to celebrate as it went wide. I was horribly hungover and it was my birthday. Had some Hibs fan giving me it tight for ages after. Cole Stockton ruined my birthday.”

”I thought he was pish when he was with us.”

“to be fair he wasn't even that good“

• Haha 1

On 22/11/2021 at 20:32, edinburghowl said:

Many could’ve said the same about Lyle Taylor but he developed very late