Amazon Prime music

darra

Got a message from Amazon saying I was eligible to download Amazon Prime music thousands of free music tracks for free. Downloaded it.and it keeps telling me it's a 3 month trial and wants me to pay £7:99 / month. Tried to access some tracks again it says I can't access them without paying. Is it free or what?

13 minutes ago, darra said:

Got a message from Amazon saying I was eligible to download Amazon Prime music thousands of free music tracks for free. Downloaded it.and it keeps telling me it's a 3 month trial and wants me to pay £7:99 / month. Tried to access some tracks again it says I can't access them without paying. Is it free or what?

No mate - it's a paid thing like Apple Music etc

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Coincidentally I've just discovered this. Its included in my prime monthly payment. I have free access to literally thousands of songs and spent ages last night compiling myself some playlists to keep me entertained while Im driving the lorry. You only have to pay extra for the unlimited app but there are enough songs for me on the standard app.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

Coincidentally I've just discovered this. Its included in my prime monthly payment. I have free access to literally thousands of songs and spent ages last night compiling myself some playlists to keep me entertained while Im driving the lorry. You only have to pay extra for the unlimited app but there are enough songs for me on the standard app.

It's included in my Amazon Prime as well. I tried to listen to my nephew's albums and  I was asked to sign up for a 3 month trial and add my credit card details. I can listen for free on Spotify. Tried some tracks of various artists some were free others I was again asked to sign up for a 3 month trial and add my credit card details. 

Edited by darra

17 hours ago, darra said:

It's included in my Amazon Prime as well. I tried to listen to my nephew's albums and  I was asked to sign up for a 3 month trial and add my credit card details. I can listen for free on Spotify. Tried some tracks of various artists some were free others I was again asked to sign up for a 3 month trial and add my credit card details. 

Yeah mate l found that certain songs l was searching for were only available on subscription but still found enough to keep me entertained.

If you have prime you have access to some music, not all. For example say Metallica or one of the other 59 billion odd bands I like. I couldn't listen to.

So I pay 7.99 for the whole thing, on top of my prime membership and gives me access to everything. 

Personally I love it.

Especially as I can home one day last month and the missus had thrown out circa 5k worth of my CDs and retro hifi CD player thing. As it was taking "space" in the garage.

Edited by Maddogbob

36 minutes ago, Salli said:

Might grab this

Is the jump in sound quality significant to a non-audiophile such as myself?

I'm not sure Tbh when I used it (via Chromecast audio) but the sound quality from Spotify to cd on my home system was noticeable so for a quid it's worth a go.

• Like 1