Slow Burn Promotion

Tbf, on the few occasions we've been good in my lifetime, we tend to click into gear in the second part of the season. 

Despite the indifferent results and displays (for the most part) we are in with a shout and that's what we need to be when we get to the turn of the year. This team has enough ability to be challenging the top 6, no excuses. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Staffordshireowls said:

The other promotions were marked by some significant inidividual contributions,  Curran (79/80), Jones and McLean (04/05) and Antonio (11/12). I wonder who will emerge this season. No one really doing it yet?

Good question. 

I think Gregory will be good for about 15 or so and Kamberi is starting to get a few goals too. 

Do feel there are goals in this team, but we still seem to finding our way as an attacking unit. 

5 minutes ago, Staffordshireowls said:

The other promotions were marked by some significant inidividual contributions,  Curran (79/80), Jones and McLean (04/05) and Antonio (11/12). I wonder who will emerge this season. No one really doing it yet?

Theo

• Like 7

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, on the few occasions we've been good in my lifetime, we tend to click into gear in the second part of the season. 

Despite the indifferent results and displays (for the most part) we are in with a shout and that's what we need to be when we get to the turn of the year. This team has enough ability to be challenging the top 6, no excuses. 

I really have to laugh.  The performances haven’t been great  but we are still in with a shout.  Just enjoy the ride folks.

• Like 1

Ignoring the Plymouth cup game, the last month has definitely started to see things taking shape.

If this team hits a proper confident spell we should be capable of a win streak to cement at least in the top 6.

Long long way to go with loads of points available. Rotherham and Plymouth look like the 2 teams with a settled way of playing, settled side and that’s bringing consistent results, apart from them there is very little else to worry about in this league 

I can still recall an interview with Lee Bullen on FH after a game in 2005 as we started the run in,  when he said in a very ominous tone something akin to "i tell yee what, the teams at the top will be getting a wee bit twitchy when they look over their shoulder and see Sheffield Wednesday coming"

Plymouth and Rotherham are going to take some shifting out of the top 2 I’m afraid. Apart from that and maybe MK dons there’s not much else in this league.

I’m hoping that our large squad and quality will tell from Christmas onwards when they games start to come thick and fast. Still got my doubts about us though we are far from convincing