The Return Of Luongo

Our best central midfielder when fit. I’d like to see a three of Luongo, Adeniran and FDB with Corbeneau, Kamberi and Shodipo in front of them. (Windass for Shodipo when fully fit) Reckon that midfield could match any in this division for athleticism, commitment and quality with Bannan in reserve if the opposites sit back and defend and a little more guile is required to break them down. For what it’s worth I’d have a back 4 of Palmer, Dunkley, Brennan (until Iorfa is back) and Johnson. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It was great to see Luongo back in the team again today, doing what he does best.

For anyone who doubted his importance to our squad, just take a look at the tackles made per game by our central midfielders:

Luongo: 6.5

Bannan: 2

Adeniran: 1.8

Wing: 1.6

Dele-Bashiru: 1.3

Byers: 1

He could be absolutely massive for us if he can remain fit from now on.

Fingers crossed, eh?

My mom for today. His experience at this level shows. He looked much more solid than wing or Byers have been in any game. Luongo will get better as he gets more games. 

You are exactly right when you say he very important to us. We have really missed him with such a young relatively inexperienced midfield bar bannan

• Like 2

Without doubt he’s always been an excellent player and is too good for L1.

Lets hope he can now stay fit as he would be one of the players who may help get us into the top 6 come the end of the season.

But I am guessing he will get injured again at some point.

I’d be surprised if he gets any decent move with his injury record, same with Iorfa 

He’ll be here for the season, and if stays fit is the lynchpin of our side 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I’d be surprised if he gets any decent move with his injury record, same with Iorfa 

He’ll be here for the season, and if stays fit is the lynchpin of our side 

He’d already got the move lined up (to  Australian league ) while he was out injured (sold his house etc) before getting injured at rovrum , hadn’t he ? 

54 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Thanks for posting.

He's exactly what we've been missing. An experienced, intelligent, (very) competent leader.

Nowt particularly flash but a really steady, mature head on his shoulders. If he stays fit, we'll be fine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It was great to see Luongo back in the team again today, doing what he does best.

For anyone who doubted his importance to our squad, just take a look at the tackles made per game by our central midfielders:

Luongo: 6.5

Bannan: 2

Adeniran: 1.8

Wing: 1.6

Dele-Bashiru: 1.3

Byers: 1

He could be absolutely massive for us if he can remain fit from now on.

Fingers crossed, eh?

Not going to stay fit for the rest of the season unfortunately.