Calum Paterson.

Guest DoesJackHunt

If there’s a ball to volley, I want it dropping to Paterson. 
If there’s a battle to be had with a centre back, I want Paterson to deal with it.

If there is some time wasting to be done, I want Paterson to take charge of it.

If there is a ref to argue with, I want Paterson to front that.

If there’s a brave header to be won, I want Paterson to stick his head there.

If there is an opponent who you need someone to get in the head of and put them of their game, I want Paterson to do that. 
If there is an opposing fan base that need winding up, I want Paterson to be the focus of their angry pointing. 

He can handle all of the above and not every player can, a good team/squad needs a Calum Paterson type.

I thought Paterson did well last season and is doing well this season. For me, he is exactly what you need to help you get out of this type of league.

I don’t think he’s the best player in the world but he has qualities and the right attitude to be an enormous asset both in this league and the championship. 
You need player like him with broad shoulders and incredible sh!thousery to be competitive. He’s a team battler who never stops. 

He has enough talent to be in the team and I bet you every member of the team loves the fact he is on the pitch with them. 

We absolutely need Calum Paterson and I for one am delighted he plays for us. 

20 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

If there’s a battle to be had with a centre back, I want Paterson to deal with it.

If there is an opponent who you need someone to get in the head of and put them of their game, I want Paterson to do that. 
If there is an opposing fan base that need winding up, I want Paterson to be the focus of their angry pointing. 

He can handle all of the above and not every player can, a good team/squad needs a Calum Paterson type.

I thought Paterson did well last season and is doing well this season. For me, he is exactly what you need to help you get out of this type of league.

I don’t think he’s the best player in the world but he has qualities and the right attitude to be an enormous asset both in this league and the championship. 
You need player like him with broad shoulders and incredible sh!thousery to be competitive. He’s a team battler who never stops. 

He has enough talent to be in the team and I bet you every member of the team loves the fact he is on the pitch with them. 

Totally agree..cult hero status incoming

• Like 1

Not pretty but does a job (insert some sort of old ‘wife’ joke here) 

You need a few fighters/scrappers. His best game for me was vs Sunderland… but he also bags the occasional goal… all this ‘he’s not a footballer’ stuff is quite unfair… he’s obviously worked hard with the talent he has to get this far. 

It’s a shame that people give more credit to some of the actual wasters we’ve had here. 

21 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Hear hear

completely agree

9 goals in a relegation season was pretty decent, given a run alongside Windass or Gregory he’d get 10-15 this season 

It’s not his fault that he’s literally playing a different role every single week 

I find it a bit strange that he looks more uncomfortable in front of goal at a lower lever this season than he did at an higher level last season.

As I’ve said many times he’s a trier and the fact he can play in several positions means he has a role to play. It won’t always come off for him and a lot of the time it doesn’t but it wouldn’t surprise me if there is interest in him from championship clubs come January.

He’s like Alan Harper (stay with me)

not when he came to Wednesday but I watched Howard’s Way about that great Everton team and that team needed Harper because although he wasn’t the best player in the world he always gave 100% no matter where he was asked to play and how he was asked to play.

Paterson is like that. Wouldn’t be in the first 11 when everyone is fit but vital for a successful team in terms of reliability, attitude and versatility 

Ok , for all the happy clappers.

Lets say he gives 100%, but has limited ability, like many of the others.

But there’s no excuse for being overweight, which makes him extra slow with no agility.

Also, does he ever at least try and win headers?

For the Atty poster, Atty was 3 times the player Patto is, and Atty was crap

• Like 1

Patterson has looked most suited to RWB role. He should be first choice there, has always looked better than Hunt. Let them fight it out.

Upfront he has the odd good game but mostly he looks like a pub player. He played well Wigan away and once at home where he scored the equalizer (shirt ripped).

We have Gregory, Windass and Kamberi back, so he is 4th choice striker but 1st choice RWB imo.

He was immense at home to Sunderland and needs a run of games there. Hunt slows us down.

• Like 2

On 20/11/2021 at 22:10, steelerian said:

You also just described Bannan. Apart from the 2 stone thing.

What , you mean Bannan that can thread match winning passes?

That can run all day.

That at least tries to win headers and tackles.

That has most skill in the squad.

Dont think I am describing him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/11/2021 at 00:40, DoesJackHunt said:

Spot on mate, 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, bronxowl said:

Ok , for all the happy clappers.

Lets say he gives 100%, but has limited ability, like many of the others.

But there’s no excuse for being overweight, which makes him extra slow with no agility.

Also, does he ever at least try and win headers?

For the Atty poster, Atty was 3 times the player Patto is, and Atty was crap

Being overweight makes him Massive, so one of our very own. 

• Like 1