ACCRINGTON STANLEY V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - OMDT

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

Opinions are fine and it is OK if people think Moore is the wrong man for the job.

I just don't understand the mentality of people who are using todays good performance and result as 'evidence' Moore has to go.

It just screams of an inability to weigh things up impartially.

Yea but it also screams "What the f.ook?.. we were 3-0 up as well, doesn't it?....Just a bit?

• Like 1

Would you hand on heart say we thoroughly deserved the 3 points?

played very well first 35 mins or so. However, I personally thought we were 2nd best in the 2nd half. 
it was backs to the wall and for me there was really only one team looking like scoring the longer it went on. 
Pleased we won, absolutely, but thoroughly deserved it I’m not convinced at all. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Will do us good that we ended up hanging on, and actually DID for a change.

You can't replicate that matchday scenario in training. Credit to them all, DM included, for getting those 3 points.

Well said!👍👍

Well done Wednesday, well done DM 👏

Exciting game, in difficult conditions(bit TOO exciting for my old ticker)!😂

The first 30 minutes was the best we have played this season, IMHO.

UTO.

• Like 1

Just now, marshy said:

played very well first 35 mins or so. However, I personally thought we were 2nd best in the 2nd half. 
it was backs to the wall and for me there was really only one team looking like scoring the longer it went on. 
Pleased we won, absolutely, but thoroughly deserved it I’m not convinced at all. 

We created a lot more chances in both halfs, we dug in more from 35 mins but def deserved win.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

5 points off 2nd, 3rd and 4th. 

Not as much of a disaster as it seemed to be.

Imagine where we could be with a football manager at the club?

4 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Opinions are fine and it is OK if people think Moore is the wrong man for the job.

I just don't understand the mentality of people who are using todays good performance and result as 'evidence' Moore has to go.

It just screams of an inability to weigh things up impartially.

You don't understand the mentality of people who just witnessed us hanging on for dear life (not there but that's the impression I got) after going 3 up against Accrington Stanley when we are already jaded by far too many capitulations this season.

I'm surprised you don't understand that. 

Very happy for the win today and always will be. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TommyCraig said:

You don't understand the mentality of people who just witnessed us hanging on for dear life (not there but that's the impression I got) after going 3 up against Accrington Stanley when we are already jaded by far too many capitulations this season.

I'm surprised you don't understand that. 

Very happy for the win today and always will be. 

Yes but we didn't capitulate which is surely the point. In fact we never really looked like conceding a third.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Five points off second place..it's looking good I reckon.

Some players finding form and looking match winners.

No way Moore should be sacked. 

Makes the points squandered even more annoying. Could be dry hunting this crappy league if we had a decent manager who could get consistent performances and results. Most of these players have played above this level and should be capable of a lot more.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, marshy said:

We were never behind in the game. We had 4 guilt edge chances to get a 4th goal. How on gods green earth did we not thoroughly deserve to win ??? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Yes but we didn't capitulate which is surely the point. In fact we never really looked like conceding a third.

Fair enough, like I say wasn't there so could only get a sense of what happened on here but it certainly sounded hairy. 

The games I have witnessed in person and on TV are what have made up my mind about Darren Moore not being the man to gain us promotion this season. I personally think we have the tools and setup to do it. I have been absolutely bamboozled by some of his decision making at times this season and I'm not joking when I say I think we'd be better off with Thompson or indeed almost anyone with a basic knowledge of football management at the helm. 

I don't rate him at all with what he's shown so far. If we get 6 wins 3 draws and a loss from the next 10 games, I'll eat my words and will be happy to do that because I want success and that would be promotion form but if its 2 wins 5 draws and 3 losses, which I suspect will be closer to the truth, then it leaves us in no man's land and that is what I desperately want to avoid. 

I'd love to be wrong, genuinely hope I am. A big slice of humble pie at our promotion party would go down rather well. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1