ACCRINGTON STANLEY V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - OMDT

Guest Kameron

Horse called Accrington Stanley running in the 2:55 at Lingfield today, can’t see it doing owt, Moore said in his interview he’s had it watched and confirmed Patterson will  be asked to man to man mark it instead of going zonal.

Despite real reservations of Darren Moore's management capability at the end of last season. Where a more pragmatic approach rather than imposing a system that we were ill equipped to implement would have given us a fighting chance of staying up.

Clean slate this season but if the standard of performance doesn't improve soon I will be in the Moore out camp.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Stanleyhouse said:

In 1892 you lost to Accrington FC NOT Accrington Stanley! Different Club!

Bit like confusing Wednesday with Sheff Utd

This is the kind of devious trick they pulled in 1892 to confuse us. Don't fall for it. Could be any one of these three teams we are playing this afternoon. I suspect Accrington Stanley (2) will turn up but who knows.

I also note that their top goalscorer this season is called Harry Pell. All 4 of Accrington's goals in that 4-2 defeat we scored by players called Harry. So remain vigilant.

Screenshot 2021-11-20 at 07.48.55.png

2 hours ago, doubleo said:

Just read my own post - “big week” - against Accrington, MK and Wycombe - no disrespect to them but it just shows how far we have fallen.

Thought same. We have a starting 11 today easily good enough to win . They have main striker banned and 3 players out in midfield . So darren excuses dont count today. Either set up right players perform or you will want to be sacked today as i can imagine it been toxic if we put on the usual show

If we have Gregory and Luongo back we stand a chance.

We need to go with 2 CB's or bring Brennan in, nothing else makes sense.

Hopefully Berahino and Brown aren't in the squad, why is it players who are useless never get injured?

Windass to come on for 20 minutes at the end.

I am in the unusual position of having followed Accrington Stanley as my non league side since I was four (I am from Lancashire) and Sheffield Wednesday as my league side since I was 16. Needless to say I still support both so I didn't really want today especially as it meant Wednesday coming down. Accrington are a wonderfully run club under a great Chairman and punch way beyond their weight. They have great hospitality. They just need to get the away end covered. I would be surprised if Wednesday don't win today. Accrington are having to rely on very young and inexperienced players. Their best strikers Colby Bishop (suspension) and Dion Charles (in dispute over refused transfer request and on garden leave) are unavailable and the very useful Joe Pritchard is injured.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Neepsend said:

I am in the unusual position of having followed Accrington Stanley as my non league side since I was four (I am from Lancashire) and Sheffield Wednesday as my league side since I was 16. Needless to say I still support both so I didn't really want today especially as it meant Wednesday coming down. Accrington are a wonderfully run club under a great Chairman and punch way beyond their weight. They have great hospitality. They just need to get the away end covered. I would be surprised if Wednesday don't win today. Accrington are having to rely on very young and inexperienced players. Their best strikers Colby Bishop (suspension) and Dion Charles (in dispute over refused transfer request and on garden leave) are unavailable and the very useful Joe Pritchard is injured.

Great news.

1-1.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2