We Should Have Kept Monk

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I don't know your opinion on Monk..

I guess not complementary.

Moore has struggled cos it's hard...

Kin ell

Like that doesn't apply to any others

You don’t know my opinion on Monk? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Like you say others have struggled but arguably Moore’s picked up the baton while we are at the lowest ebb of DC’s reign which makes it even more difficult.

Someone has to turn it around sometime but that someone has to be given longer than 12 months.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Surveying the wreckage of this season, and Moore's disastrous stewardship of the team, I think it's hold-your-hand-up time.

I was one who wanted Monk out and Pulis in, and with the benefit of hindsight it was wrong.

Would we have gone down under Monk? Yes, IMO, but then again we went down anyway.

Was Pulis our last hope? Yes, but only had new players been brought in in January.

Without reinforcements no-one was keeping that shower up, so we may as well have stuck with Monk and saved ourselves the money and hassle.

I think that he would have stayed post-relegation, and we'd have been a darn site better off with him in the dugout than Moore.

At least Monk's a manager.

No he isn't. 

9 hours ago, agentwalker said:

I still say, similar to what westwood mentioned in his commentary the other day. At the start when Monk came in he admitted himself that due to the schedule he didn't have time to work on the training pitch on HIS ideas. They we're effectively still in Steve Bruce mode. It was only around the Christmas break time he had a couple of weeks, after that everything went down hill

"Christmas break time", that's one of the busiest times in the footballing calendar, so that's nonsense.

Monk's football and style was way more defensive than Bruce, that's why people were whinging about the style even though it was getting wins, even before Christmas when the wheels came off, he'd clearly instilled his tactics just fine and it got us to 3rd. 

But he couldn't address the slide and should have gone much sooner IMO. 

As for listening to Westwood, I shan't be doing that, the guy says a lot but says nothing at the same time. Just like the current manager. 

I'm no fan of Monk but it's silly to say he didn't do well initially.

Edited by Owls2k