We Should Have Kept Monk

No monk was a bad appointment then and still would be now

id rather give an unsung clueless manager a chance than a well known unsung hero another chance

best of a very bad bunch, I’d rather take the gamble!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Surveying the wreckage of this season, and Moore's disastrous stewardship of the team, I think it's hold-your-hand-up time.

I was one who wanted Monk out and Pulis in, and with the benefit of hindsight it was wrong.

Would we have gone down under Monk? Yes, IMO, but then again we went down anyway.

Was Pulis our last hope? Yes, but only had new players been brought in in January.

Without reinforcements no-one was keeping that shower up, so we may as well have stuck with Monk and saved ourselves the money and hassle.

I think that he would have stayed post-relegation, and we'd have been a darn site better off with him in the dugout than Moore.

At least Monk's a manager.

248c405643b0ab6cf965e6e9712672b4.gif.328ea130a637c77a49e24c81a8bfa39e.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Didn’t mind Monk tbf. Got some results out of us, didn’t do too badly until something changed over new year. 

I was at the Boxing Day capitulation at Stoke. Up until that point we'd not done too badly, as I recall we'd just beaten Bristol City  before Xmas & had gone 5th?

Something was wrong that day, I think that was when the 'not paid' stuff started & it's been downhill ever since. 😞

That team was bobbar at that level, so any manager would have struggled.

And if you're bobbar then you need fight, and that shower had none.

This team is relatively much stronger in this division than the team Monk had in the championship, so he'd have a much better chance.

Frankly, the way things are, it's debatable if we wouldn't be better off letting the team manage itself than with Moore in the dugout, so I don't see how we could possible be worse off with Monk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Monk was a far better tactically than DM, but like every manager since CC, had his hands tied by the weak recruitment and poor decisions at the top.

Wed have stood a far better chance of survival under Monk

You can say that again.

In that regard, Moore's a liability.

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

You can say that again.

In that regard, Moore's a liability.

What was so good about Monk's tactics? Played the Steve Bruce team for the first few months and won more than he lost. Then changed to 3-5-2, brought in Izzy Brown, Jack Marriott and Van Aken, tried Forestieri at left wing back and Kachunga up front and we started losing every week.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Emerson Thome said:

What was so good about Monk's tactics? Played the Steve Bruce team for the first few months and won more than he lost. Then changed to 3-5-2, brought in Izzy Brown, Jack Marriott and Van Aken, tried Forestieri at left wing back and Kachunga up front and we started losing every week.

I never said Monk was a master tactician, and I wanted him sacking at the time.

My point is/was that we'd be better off with Monk than Moore.

In the same way that bobbar is better than downright bobbar.

The problem wasn't sacking Monk it was who we appointed next.

Did we need a better manager than Monk, definitely!

Did we get a better manager than Monk, probably not.

Needs a Director of Football to come in and make the next managerial appointment, just wish DC wasn't in charge of appointing a DOF if he wanted one!

• Like 1