QPR V Luton

Just watching QPR v Luton. What a refreshing change to see two teams moving the ball at pace between defence and attack (between the lines is the current vernacular) No ruddy tippy, tappy between the defenders just fast and lively football like wot we used to watch. 
https://open.spotify.com/track/5lTt14toQl0N1XrOwLEIRI?si=HdA0sNJERHCOScave04T1w&context=spotify%3Asearch%3Abrining

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

And I challenged it.

A forum, ladies and gentleman. 

Not much of a challenge. 

You are correct, it is a forum. One where opinions change. 

You know, like calling for the manager's head, to being his biggest cheerleader. 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

How do you know 

There’s just nothing to cling to that suggests he’s capable of getting us going. He’s had no success as a manager in both his previous jobs, and apart from the Sunderland game (which I’m convinced was an anomaly) we’ve not put in a convincing performance all season 

• Like 3

Just now, Django said:

There’s just nothing to cling to that suggests he’s capable of getting us going. He’s had no success as a manager in both his previous jobs, and apart from the Sunderland game (which I’m convinced was an anomaly) we’ve not put in a convincing performance all season 

Pretty much. 

In terms of Darren Moore himself and what he is producing (or not), there isn't a great deal to hang one's hat on. 

Main arguments seem to be we shouldn't sack the manager because we always sack managers and the usual stuff about how no one can succeed here as long as we have the same owner. 

Perhaps there is some validity to those arguments, but I'd argue they're hardly a ringing endorsement of Darren Moore and the job he has done thus far. 

Does anyone really expect us to win tomorrow against Accrington Stanley? 

I'm going for another insipid draw. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Pretty much. 

In terms of Darren Moore himself and what he is producing (or not), there isn't a great deal to hang one's hat on. 

Main arguments seem to be we shouldn't sack the manager because we always sack managers and the usual stuff about how no one can succeed here as long as we have the same owner. 

Perhaps there is some validity to those arguments, but I'd argue they're hardly a ringing endorsement of Darren Moore and the job he has done thus far. 

Does anyone really expect us to win tomorrow against Accrington Stanley? 

I'm going for another insipid draw. 

I think we’re now nearing the stage where the sh*t is going to hit the fan if this carries on much longer. A bad result tomorrow followed by a poor show on Tuesday and I think the Moore out chants will start to be heard 

1 minute ago, Django said:

I think we’re now nearing the stage where the sh*t is going to hit the fan if this carries on much longer. A bad result tomorrow followed by a poor show on Tuesday and I think the Moore out chants will start to be heard 

Sadly so. 

I hope not, I really do. 

Nice bloke and I would absolutely love to be proven wrong...but I just don't see it. 

Win percentage of just over 20 percent? Very few good performances during his tenure really. Cardiff last season? Sunderland this season? 

Frustration is we are still in with a very good shot of the top 6, but I think it more likely we will drift into mid-table mediocrity. I don't see a team or manager who have got it in them to go on a 5, 6 game winning streak. 

• Like 2

I think this side has got it in them to do well in this league. I see similarities to the 2004 side. Turner built a good side but couldn’t for the life of him get a tune out of them, Sturrock came in, got them organised and eventually promoted 

Id hope to see similar happen again sooner rather that later, as I think under Moore the season will be over by Christmas 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bet QPR fans thought the same with Warburton

Some probably did.  The difference for me is that Warburton had the previous successes with Rangers and Brentford and his reputation for teams playing good football for the QPR board to stick with him for longer.  I can’t see much in Moore’s closet apart from being sacked for under achieving at West Brom and having a side sat 6th half way through a season in league 1 but on the verge of decline as they hadn’t won in 5 games before leaving.  Plus what we’ve seen him do at S6 since March of course 

• Like 2

Just now, SiJ said:

Win percentage of just over 20 percent? Very few good performances during his tenure really. Cardiff last season? Sunderland this season? 

over 33% this season and the losses at 17% its  the 60% draws  that he needs to swing round our way ......its fine margins and if he had a good keeper he'd be well in the mix  but sadly its  cost him 6 maybe 8pts  so he's under pressure .......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I used to watch non Wednesday Championship games in the last 2 years I used to just sit there and think, "These are playing way better than we ever do". 

As for Warburton, always liked him. He did a long interview after we hammered them that day and admitted he got it all wrong on the day, very refreshing.