What’s been your maddest ever away trip?

1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

Old Trafford - the infamous Dambusters League cup semi - final

I've never seen so many people being dragged out of cars / chased / beaten

Really scary

I didnt see any trouble...werent we kept in after for about 30 minutes

I did have kids calling me scum tho as I was eating my chips and curry though..

In terms of an actual game and what happened, it would have to be when we beat Leicester 3-1 at the Walkers in 2007/2008. 

Pretty much a relegation shootout between the two sides. If memory serves me correct, we conceded after about a minute, missed a penalty, equalised, took the lead, gave a pen away which they missed and then Leon Clarke lobbed their keeper from about 20 yards out in the last minute. 

Funnily enough, that team - who weren't very good - had a useful habit of going a goal down and fighting back to claim a point or a win. Oh, to have some of that spirit now. 

Swindon away 2004 (?)....37 degrees, no roof on the away end, the dolphin pub and then phil king marches everyone to the ground

3 nil up in 9 minutes (?) then nearly blow it wednesday style and it ends up 3-2....random big farmers with swindon tops on swinging for us outside the ground and because it was so hot it felt like slow motion....like something out of the matrix.

There was another time at Leicester where we beat them 1-0 (think Wickham scored) and there was some serious pointing between the Wednesday yoofs and some middle aged Leicester blokes. 

Honestly, there must have been hundreds of fights arranged for once they all got out the ground. Funnily enough, didn't see a single one. They must have met up at Victoria Park or the Botanical gardens afterwards. 

26 minutes ago, Lifetime Owl said:

Everton on boxing day 1994  was good.....went with a mate who was driving and made it clear he had to get back straight after game

Guy Whittingham's debut and scored 2 and we won 4-1 

Yeh yeh yeh thats fine i said !! went for a couple after the match ( remember it was weeing down with rain) and both of us ended up bladdered and kipped in his car in city centre....happy days

Went to that game too; 3 wednesdayites and 1 scouser, who was driving the car. Strangely, we nearly didn't get a lift back.  No sense of humour them scousers 🤣.

30 minutes ago, SiJ said:

In terms of an actual game and what happened, it would have to be when we beat Leicester 3-1 at the Walkers in 2007/2008. 

Pretty much a relegation shootout between the two sides. If memory serves me correct, we conceded after about a minute, missed a penalty, equalised, took the lead, gave a pen away which they missed and then Leon Clarke lobbed their keeper from about 20 yards out in the last minute. 

Funnily enough, that team - who weren't very good - had a useful habit of going a goal down and fighting back to claim a point or a win. Oh, to have some of that spirit now. 

Yeah, a great day.  Leon didn't look as though he knew wnat to do in the last minute, all the Wednesday fans shouting "Just lob it". Even if it hadn't gone in it would have wound the clock down.

The sad thing is the difference between us and Leicester since. They've won the league and FA Cup and played in the Champions league. While we.......

• Like 1

Southend away, first ever match in 3rd division, got into Southend around 7.00pm on the Friday night, intended to sleep on the beach, got moved on by plod and a van load of us slept in a graveyard, the whole weekend turned into chaos, got back late on the Sunday.

Battling with dirty Weeds fans on Leicester Forest (we were outnumbered 5 coaches to one) got to Bristol City just before half time

Exeter away, windscreen went through, got there with 15 mins to go.

Brighton away mid 70s (when they had Peter Ward) in a café on the station about 6.00 in the morning, some nutter who had been released from Parkhurst the day before went mental and started tearing the place up, plod everywhere.

crazy days, wouldn't have missed it for the world

• Like 1

That trip to Brentford in the promotion season was a banger. 

West Brom away when we scored twice in the last minute to win it. 

Non Wednesday, but I was at Scarborough when that Wolves fan fell through the roof. First day of the season, 3pm kick off, and they put Wolves at Scarborough. Epic fail. 

• Love 1

Southampton, early 80s. Coach from Travellers, heading south and I starts thinking,  where's this driver taking us. Turns down dual carriageway from M1, heading to Northampton. Must have been well gutted when we all started shouting Southampton yer pillock.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, oldowl67 said:

Stockport County away in the League Cup in the 80s. Venue was Maine Road, hardly anyone there, we won 7-0 and Colin Walker scored a hat trick. Bizarre experience all round.  

I went to that  game  was stood  on the Kippax must have been  at least 20  of us😁  we also got the main stand   Stockport  got the uncovered away end  and it was raining🤣

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Yeah that was a mad game. Remember Leon running to the crowd after he scored, titts and belly jiggling as he ran. At the end the players were throwing their shirts into the crowd and people were asking for Clarke's but he just shook his head. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Tbf I had a very bizarre day at that game.

Can't tell the story though, plus met the most random Welsh guy, who's name non of us remember and pretty much adopted him. For the day.

Long day, very drunk, still don't know how I got to the ground. 

Missus picked me up at chessie train station, broken.

Great day out.

Edited by Maddogbob

southampton feb 70 '....left pond st on sutty bus at midnight gets friendly(innocently) with a lass on the way down , arrive 7am and theres not much to do in southampton at that time  and some bright spark with a can of spray paint  decides to spray swfc rule on a load of park cars ....plod unsuprisingly start  taking an interest in us and we get chased for the from pillar  to post until kick off time though i,m making good progress with the girl ......come kick off in the open end at the dell its fecking lashing down and at half time we 4-0 down .....second half the girl i have designs on takes a turn for the worse and the st johns take her away .....she ends up in hospital with (i later find out ) pneumonia and i have a long frustrated trip back to sheffield where i miss the last bus back to mexboro and get a very irated dad to come and pick me up .......

• Like 1

Was Darlington away, early 70's cup match, think we lost, winter, weather was atrocious, and a bloke who had only

just passed his test. 

Interesting times, but the vocal support from our lads in an open away end was what it was all about.

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

Was Darlington away, early 70's cup match, think we lost, winter, weather was atrocious, and a bloke who had only

just passed his test. 

Interesting times, but the vocal support from our lads in an open away end was what it was all about.

Wouldn't let me edit, but wanted to add this night match cemented my love for the owls.

Not sure if I'll get hate for this as it isn't a football away day.

But Wales vs England in Cardiff for the rugby six nations. Aimlessly wandering around Cardiff City Centre after the Post match night out trying to remember where my mate lived whilst trying to not get battered by the angry Welsh fans rampaging around.