Exeterv Bradford ,bizarre replay

25 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Isn't/Wasn't there a rule in place for an extra sub if the game goes into extra time?

This may be where the confusion is. 

Apparently its only if a player is suffering concussion. 

This was fault of match officials who said it was ok to use a 6th sub, I doubt they will be welcomed back to take charge of replayed fixture.

Reminds me of the time Tranmere had a player sent off in a cup game against Sunderland and brought on a sub to replace him. IIRC it was sorted out a few minutes later, but not before the player had made a vital clearance that helped them hang on to the win. Match wasn't replayed and Tranmere went through to the next round.

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
13 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

As the Bradford owner says it’s ridiculous for them.  They have to make the 600 mile round trip again this time on a Tuesday night and pay all the expenses to do that. 

They’ll be no fans there, at least they could play it half way, say at Villa’s training ground or St George’s. There and Back within the day for both teams.

On 18/11/2021 at 20:54, punkskaphil said:

Reminds me of the time Tranmere had a player sent off in a cup game against Sunderland and brought on a sub to replace him. IIRC it was sorted out a few minutes later, but not before the player had made a vital clearance that helped them hang on to the win. Match wasn't replayed and Tranmere went through to the next round.

Was talking about this recently. Think it was Aldridge in charge of Tranmere, and Reid, to be fair didn’t pursue it as an excuse