Teams who are more disappointing to support thanWednesday?

10 hours ago, torryowl said:

in my time seen 2 fa cup finals , 2 league cup finals , 28 years in the top flight , 3 european campaigns ,5 promotions and watched  players like springett,layne ,fantham, hirst waddle nilsson ,sterland ,sheridan,di canio   etc etc so i'd guess thats bettter than a good percentage of other clubs......

Since I started going at 9-10 years old I’ve seen seen 2 fa cup finals , 2 league cup finals , 28 years in the top flight , 3 european campaigns ,5 promotions and watched  players like springett,layne ,fantham, hirst waddle nilsson ,sterland ,sheridan,di canio   etc etc so i'd guess thats bettter than a good percentage of other clubs......

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, robswfc said:

Was supposed to read:

Since I started going at 9-10 years old I’ve seen seen 0 fa cup finals , 0 league cup finals , 4 years in the top flight , 0 european campaigns , 2 promotions, 4 relegations and watched  players like di canio , but also Potter, bothroyd, Jeffers, Rhodes,  etc etc ......

• Haha 1

On 17/11/2021 at 16:53, owlprince said:

So I was thinking are there any teams more disappointing to support than Wednesday in the football league? Or are we the worst in the EFL 

I’m 32 and we have basically been in a constant decline as a club since I started going, all be it with a couple of false dawns and promotions from the pub league. Any bit of excitement or joy we have seems to be quickly taken away from us.

Can anyone think of a more underwhelming club to support than Wednesday? I’m going with Oldham athletic…. 

I was thinking if they've been in a constant decline since you started going........... STOP GOING!!! And drink holy water🙄

On 18/11/2021 at 17:57, nickswfc said:

There are lower league clubs who have had it worse - hard to say we're suffering more than any that have gone out of business.

But out of the historically bigger clubs, it has to be us due to the length of time we've been rubbish.

Sunderland have very recently been in the PL and this will be seen as their bottoming out period will some novelty to new grounds etc. whereas it's our third stint in this league.

Only comparable club is Forest imo

No. It's worse than you think.

It's our 4th time in third tier.

1975-1980 plus 3 times this century.

On 17/11/2021 at 19:18, Rogers said:

Sunderland maybe. 

Forest haven’t done anything since Clough

Derby - always get good crowds, not done much since Clough, broke the Premier record for lowest points. 

No one does it better than us though. We’re the masters of getting a defeat from the jaws of victory 

that was a combination of bonnet-shagger and the poisonous dwarf

Nigel Clough came after.

we’ve had three decent seasons in the last 13

one season each from George burley, steve mcclaren, and Frank.

everything else has been 💩💩💩💩💩

• Like 1

On 17/11/2021 at 16:53, owlprince said:

So I was thinking are there any teams more disappointing to support than Wednesday in the football league? Or are we the worst in the EFL 

I’m 32 and we have basically been in a constant decline as a club since I started going, all be it with a couple of false dawns and promotions from the pub league. Any bit of excitement or joy we have seems to be quickly taken away from us.

Can anyone think of a more underwhelming club to support than Wednesday? I’m going with Oldham athletic…. 

No not really, being a piggy can't be great though eh?

7 hours ago, Raminpeace said:

Nigel Clough came after.

I think he meant the other Clough that managed Derby lol

8 hours ago, Raminpeace said:

Nigel Clough came after.

I was thinking Brian, not Nigel