Teams who are more disappointing to support thanWednesday?

4 hours ago, trev said:

We are defo in the top 10 of biggest underachievers over the last 20 years.

It's been absolutely horrendous.

I

4 hours ago, owlprince said:

Newcastle fans are the most miserable. Totally unjust they have some great players over the years Ben arfa, st maximan, shearer etc 

never been sure on what basis they think they should be competing with the very best. 

Defiantly underperformed. 

Big old football stadium. 

Massive city with a big surrounding area. (I spent nearly a decade working away in Newcastle) 

It's also unlike us, Manchester, London, Birmingham etc a one club city to boot. Thogh on the miserable thing, most of the guys I've worked with on site were normally pretty good lads and enjoyed a good bit of banter and were always really harsh on the couple of Leeds fans I worked with lol

On 17/11/2021 at 16:53, owlprince said:

So I was thinking are there any teams more disappointing to support than Wednesday in the football league? Or are we the worst in the EFL 

I’m 32 and we have basically been in a constant decline as a club since I started going, all be it with a couple of false dawns and promotions from the pub league. Any bit of excitement or joy we have seems to be quickly taken away from us.

Can anyone think of a more underwhelming club to support than Wednesday? I’m going with Oldham athletic…. 

Yes probably say us...fans of some other clubs will say the same but of course it's personal to your club cos it means something.

We are a disappointing bunch though aren't we...our 15 minutes of fame is all over

There are lower league clubs who have had it worse - hard to say we're suffering more than any that have gone out of business.

But out of the historically bigger clubs, it has to be us due to the length of time we've been rubbish.

Sunderland have very recently been in the PL and this will be seen as their bottoming out period will some novelty to new grounds etc. whereas it's our third stint in this league.

Only comparable club is Forest imo

On 17/11/2021 at 16:53, owlprince said:

So I was thinking are there any teams more disappointing to support than Wednesday in the football league? Or are we the worst in the EFL 

I’m 32 and we have basically been in a constant decline as a club since I started going, all be it with a couple of false dawns and promotions from the pub league. Any bit of excitement or joy we have seems to be quickly taken away from us.

Can anyone think of a more underwhelming club to support than Wednesday? I’m going with Oldham athletic…. 

Its clearly you mate.

You are a Jonah even beyond golden elephants.

Normally i would hate this but can you fek off and support the pigs and Liverpool and leave us in peace.

Thanks in advance.

in my time seen 2 fa cup finals , 2 league cup finals , 28 years in the top flight , 3 european campaigns ,5 promotions and watched  players like springett,layne ,fantham, hirst waddle nilsson ,sterland ,sheridan,di canio   etc etc so i'd guess thats bettter than a good percentage of other clubs......

• Like 1

I don't know 7 years ago Chesterfield were looking to push for promotion  in the play off to get into the championship ,Dave Allen allowed their top striker Doyle to be sold after scoring 21 goals by end of January. 

they made the play off, but lost then over the next 6 years for relegated twice, including dropping out of the football league, spent a lot of the last two seasons in the relegation zone of the conference and but for a change of manager could have got relegated 3 times in 6 season.

This season though, they have an experience manager with non league experience, they play a set formation and settled team and have a striker who scores regular goals, they will be pushing for promotion back to the football league this season.

they also have a clueless chairman like we do.😁😁😁😁

3 hours ago, Nero said:

Its clearly you mate.

You are a Jonah even beyond golden elephants.

Normally i would hate this but can you fek off and support the pigs and Liverpool and leave us in peace.

Thanks in advance.

Calm down pal!
Maybe I think the misery and disappointment is part of the fun of being a football fan.

You can't be telling me you never feel disappointed by us? We have such high expectations as a fan base but what we get is. 

-letting in last minute goals to tin pot clubs 
- never coming back to win when we let in the first goal. 
- signing players like Bothroyd, Berahinho and Jeffers
-crap chairman 
-last day relegations 
-rubbish managers 

Just thought we could have a laugh about it on here by looking at ours and hothers plights . Rather than another DM thread