Teams who are more disappointing to support thanWednesday?

So I was thinking are there any teams more disappointing to support than Wednesday in the football league? Or are we the worst in the EFL 

I’m 32 and we have basically been in a constant decline as a club since I started going, all be it with a couple of false dawns and promotions from the pub league. Any bit of excitement or joy we have seems to be quickly taken away from us.

Can anyone think of a more underwhelming club to support than Wednesday? I’m going with Oldham athletic…. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Greengrass said:

Newcastle, Sunderland.

Both been in the premier league more recently than us. Newcastle spent one year in the Championship and went back up with Benitez at the helm. All those years of Premierleague football. Poor sods. We could only imagine players like Alan St Maxim. Sunderland I will grant you are having a poor time.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Newcastle, Sunderland.

Newcastle fans are the most miserable. Totally unjust they have some great players over the years Ben arfa, st maximan, shearer etc 

never been sure on what basis they think they should be competing with the very best. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Some of these are bad answers eg Rotherham have by and large been a good club to support the past decade. They have at least performed up to expectation, and done well with their new stadium. 

I genuinely don't think that set against reasonable expectations 25 years ago any clubs have done worse than us. Forest would be the obvious example, as league champions and European cup winners within the memories of sub-60 year olds. Also Derby; and for both Derby and Forest there has been the frustration of seeing another E Midlands club emerge as a power (but not a superclub). And of course Sunderland, and another club closer to home that plays in red and white stripes

Everton, Villa, and Newcastle have all been tremendously frustrating to follow this season. Everton in particular used to be a club you'd expect to win the league every decade, and that's gone. None of their supporters have much fun, but of course they haven't plumbed the depths, and the hope is still there for them.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

I would say Notts County to be fair. 
Once a Div 1 club and their demise is sad. 

I live in Nottingham and went to watch them on Saturday against Solihull. They had an offer on for a fiver a ticket.

Just over 12,800 turned up and they broke the national league attendance record.

The football was good, County won 2-0 and interestingly played a 3-5-2 formation, but unlike Wednesday they seemingly had the players to make it work.

A couple of players caught my eye, the left wing back Joel Taylor and attacking midfielder Cal Roberts. Both look like they could easily play at a higher level.

I hope they can work their way back up the leagues. Round here it’s all Forest, and in that regard I’ve always felt a bit sorry for County. 

• Like 2