A new owner plus Steve Bruce.

4 hours ago, A47Owl said:

Is that what we need. 

Bruce won't return while DC is in charge. He might feel he has unfinished business and would welcome a challenge. 

I know it's a highly unlikely scenario but who would accept it in place of what we have now? 

I cannot imagine any circumstances where SB would drop down into the third division to manage Sheffield Wednesday.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Nearly 2022 and some are STILL bodyshaming?

Really?

So are we OK with red faced lol. 

Though being sensible and sensatiive 

Bruve is like curbishly, allardyce, Pulis and Co a washed up old busted flush these days. Hadn't really been impressive for a couple of seasons before he  spent a fortune and dint do a  great job  at villa and hasn't exactly been fantastic since he bailed on us at Newcastle. 

4 hours ago, poite said:

When chansiri first came in he surrounded himself with a committee of people who knew football inside and out. 

It's not a coincidence that in that season we managed to get to the playoff final with a brand new group of players and an unknown foreign manager. 

I know that doesn't relate entirely to the question asked but if chansiri reinstated a proper staff of football people we'd see a turnaround. Let's face it, chansiri isn't going anywhere so that's the best we can hope for 

Don’t be so sure he’s ‘not going anywhere’

Good businessmen don’t carry on throwing good money after bad, he’ll soon realize, if he’s not realized already that he will never make a profit on his investment so there will be a time when he gets fed up with the constant battle with the EFL and has no option but to sell to the anyone willing to offer a decent price.

13 hours ago, Quickly Kevin said:

He turned down the Newcastle job a few times befoee  and then managed Sunderland.

The idea he was finally taking his dream job is myth.

100% this - he left for a lot more money and in the knowledge he would probably be leaving Newcastle sooner rather than later on a big pay-off.

15 hours ago, A47Owl said:

Is that what we need. 

Bruce won't return while DC is in charge. He might feel he has unfinished business and would welcome a challenge. 

I know it's a highly unlikely scenario but who would accept it in place of what we have now? 

Why on earth would you want him back,after he showed he didnt want to be here?

10 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

Don’t be so sure he’s ‘not going anywhere’

Good businessmen don’t carry on throwing good money after bad, he’ll soon realize, if he’s not realized already that he will never make a profit on his investment so there will be a time when he gets fed up with the constant battle with the EFL and has no option but to sell to the anyone willing to offer a decent price.

That's the problem. He's not.

15 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Best bit of "Realisation" was Monk when Chansiri was sat next to him at his first interview..

Chansiri said he was 

"Expecting automatic promotion"

I watched Monk an' thought..

"He's gonna vomit ..live on TV!!!!!!!!"

He was probably thinking “ what? I’ve never managed that in my whole career, maybe he will settle for a play off place until I screw up again”