A new owner plus Steve Bruce.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Bruce got a once in a lifetime never to be repeated offer to manage his home town boyhood lifelong supported club

I don't find anything strange or dishonourable about that at all

And again - He wasn't staying anyway - he was looking to get out ASAP after seeing the club's real situation once he was in position

Time for Wednesday fans to stop being the jilted bride here and wake up to the facts

ps - every manager appointed recently has spoken of 'surprises' at the situation once they had been in the job a few weeks

Every single one of them

He turned down the Newcastle job a few times befoee  and then managed Sunderland.

The idea he was finally taking his dream job is myth.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Best bit of "Realisation" was Monk when Chansiri was sat next to him at his first interview..

Chansiri said he was 

"Expecting automatic promotion"

I watched Monk an' thought..

"He's gonna vomit ..live on TV!!!!!!!!"

Absolutely priceless

The last week of Monk's time here was amazing when you look back at the interviews where the players had downed tools and Chansiri was expecting promotion

lol

Poor Monk nearly had a heart attack

Owlstalk Shop

If I had a chose I would bring in Alex Neil as manager did a good job at both Norwich and Preston has success in his career,  with 300+ games in English football he has experience too.

His team always played decent football and would be a good fit for us and I believe he is currently out of work so won't cost too much. The only blip I can see, is he once played for Barnsley but that was 20 years ago and hopefully with regular washing that should have washed off by now.😁😁😁😁 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Both left in similar circumstances Arthur...Atkinson outright lied to Wednesday fans 

One day it was "I would be mad to leave this club"..f.ooked off the day after

Same bloody treachery, means nowt in the grand scheme of things

Bruce would do a better job than DM in my opinion...

Now you can sit and pout forever about either of 'em....Only loyal part of the whole club is us...never gonna change...If you expect the same of a manager...Its delusion

How Bruce left didn't bother me one bit, no room for sentiment.

It was how he arrived that irked me, BUT, I gave him a chance as I do with every chairman, manager and player.

To be fair I'd let what happened slide and put it down to a mis-judged selection process born out of frustration, desperation and a desire for a PR boost.

However, the notion of taking him back is what motivates me to post my thoughts on the subject. Bruce was a chronic distraction tactic and acceptance of failure after the Katrien/Jos project.

We're still reeling from it now.

Big Ron and Steve Bruce situations are incomparable. 

Big Ron is from inner city Birmingham and grew up a villa fan. 
He did a great job for us, very unlucky to go down in his first full season with us after saving us the previous season. Complete rebuild and revitalisation of the playing squad winning promotion and league cup in style. No other team outside the top flight has won the league cup since. 
Dave Richards had tight purse strings at Wednesday and was not an ambitious chairman. 
Deadly Doug came calling and allowed Big Ron to spend fairly freely at his hometown club. 

Yes at the time how he left was distasteful, however he gave us success and a platform that allowed TF to build from. 

The only thing big Bruce did was gain us 4m in compensation from Mike Ashley. 

14 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

How Bruce left didn't bother me one bit, no room for sentiment.

It was how he arrived that irked me, BUT, I gave him a chance as I do with every chairman, manager and player.

To be fair I'd let what happened slide and put it down to a mis-judged selection process born out of frustration, desperation and a desire for a PR boost.

However, the notion of taking him back is what motivates me to post my thoughts on the subject. Bruce was a chronic distraction tactic and acceptance of failure after the Katrien/Jos project.

We're still reeling from it now.

Had he not recently lost both his parents tho?

I can understand how he waited to join...

Was p*ssed off about how he left though...Same with Big ron

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Had he not recently lost both his parents tho?

I can understand how he waited to join...

Was p*ssed off about how he left though...Same with Big ron

If he wasn't in the right frame of mind to take on managing a professional club then we should have said thanks but no thanks. That kind of ultimatum wouldn't be tolerated at any other club especially one descending into such a dire situation we find ourselves in.

Unfortunately we don't have a chairman able to make such dynamic decisions. Its all very one-dimensional thought processes, especially considering he was basically on his own by this time.

People cheered when Carlos and Jos were sacked. Its only now we're realising that whilstever the chairman remains we could have Ken Bruce in charge and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

If he wasn't in the right frame of mind to take on managing a professional club then we should have said thanks but no thanks. That kind of ultimatum wouldn't be tolerated at any other club especially one descending into such a dire situation we find ourselves in.

Unfortunately we don't have a chairman able to make such dynamic decisions. Its all very one-dimensional thought processes, especially considering he was basically on his own by this time.

People cheered when Carlos and Jos were sacked. Its only now we're realising that whilstever the chairman remains we could have Ken Bruce in charge and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

If he wasn't in the right frame of mind...he may have made an error on accepting...cos he wasn't in the right frame of mind....

23 minutes ago, bobness said:

A decent appointment. But didn't anticipate what it would be like to work for DC. 

Right man, wrong time - we could never have attracted him whilst he was in his pomp.

I also don't agree with the notion that managers don't know what they're getting into. A professional with the pedigree of Steve Bruce, surronded with his lawyers and agents will have known EXACTLY what they were getting into.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A47Owl said:

Is that what we need. 

Bruce won't return while DC is in charge. He might feel he has unfinished business and would welcome a challenge. 

I know it's a highly unlikely scenario but who would accept it in place of what we have now? 

Without a shadow of a doubt..

• Like 1