A new owner plus Steve Bruce.

When chansiri first came in he surrounded himself with a committee of people who knew football inside and out. 

It's not a coincidence that in that season we managed to get to the playoff final with a brand new group of players and an unknown foreign manager. 

I know that doesn't relate entirely to the question asked but if chansiri reinstated a proper staff of football people we'd see a turnaround. Let's face it, chansiri isn't going anywhere so that's the best we can hope for 

Edited by poite
  • Like 3

Would rather have:

Jos

Irvine and his badgers

Jones and his netball team

Peter Eustace

Bert from Seasame Street

Or

Howard the duck.

In no particular order.

There is a reason the was never was a Mrs Doubtfire 2 and there's a reason he shouldmt have a second "bash" at this job.

• Like 1

Just now, asteener1867 said:

I would have Bruce back...No different to what Atkinson did...One goes to ctricket the other goes to a KKK convention..One goes to Newcastle...one goes to Villa...

Meh

Atkinson came to the club absolutely brimming with ambition and won us promotion and a trophy.

Bruce fizzed off to the West Indies whilst the ink was still dry on the contract.

No comparison.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

One thing Wednesday fans are really great at is making villains of Wednesday managers who have tried to work at this club under the conditions that they discovered they were in, whilst giving the Chairman standing ovations at fans forums

Be careful what you wish for though eh?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Atkinson came to the club absolutely brimming with ambition and won us promotion and a trophy.

Bruce fizzed off to the West Indies whilst the ink was still dry on the contract.

No comparison.

Both left in similar circumstances Arthur...Atkinson outright lied to Wednesday fans 

One day it was "I would be mad to leave this club"..f.ooked off the day after

Same bloody treachery, means nowt in the grand scheme of things

Bruce would do a better job than DM in my opinion...

Now you can sit and pout forever about either of 'em....Only loyal part of the whole club is us...never gonna change...If you expect the same of a manager...Its delusion

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

It was intimating he was staying.....Bruce just watched cricket.....Took us on, f.ooked off...

Bruce got a once in a lifetime never to be repeated offer to manage his home town boyhood lifelong supported club

I don't find anything strange or dishonourable about that at all

And again - He wasn't staying anyway - he was looking to get out ASAP after seeing the club's real situation once he was in position

Time for Wednesday fans to stop being the jilted bride here and wake up to the facts

ps - every manager appointed recently has spoken of 'surprises' at the situation once they had been in the job a few weeks

Every single one of them

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

38 minutes ago, poite said:

When chansiri first came in he surrounded himself with a committee of people who knew football inside and out. 

It's not a coincidence that in that season we managed to get to the playoff final with a brand new group of players and an unknown foreign manager. 

I know that doesn't relate entirely to the question asked but if chansiri reinstated a proper staff of football people we'd see a turnaround. Let's face it, chansiri isn't going anywhere so that's the best we can hope for 

You mean the season the back bone of the team was built on players at the club before DC arrived

Westwood, Lees, Loovens, Less, Hutchinson, Helan, Nuihu, Palmer all here before DC started.

Glenn Roeder then brought in Bannan and Wallace on frees, and signed Hunt, Pudil, Lopez and Hooper on loan, with Fessi Joao and Matias arriving on a transfer.

i suspect Joao, Matias and maybe lopez will have been paxo related but the rest being British based I suspect was Roeders work.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Bruce got a once in a lifetime never to be repeated offer to manage his home town boyhood lifelong supported club

I don't find anything strange or dishonourable about that at all

And again - He wasn't staying anyway - he was looking to get out ASAP after seeing the club's real situation once he was in position

Time for Wednesday fans to stop being the jilted bride here and wake up to the facts

ps - every manager appointed recently has spoken of 'surprises' at the situation once they had been in the job a few weeks

Every single one of them

Best bit of "Realisation" was Monk when Chansiri was sat next to him at his first interview..

Chansiri said he was 

"Expecting automatic promotion"

I watched Monk an' thought..

"He's gonna vomit ..live on TV!!!!!!!!"

• Haha 2