New Banner At The Back Of The Kop

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

San Marino’s fans call themselves ‘The Brigade that has no joy’ “ . . . Sounds familiar...would make a spanking new banner instead of the DC one. can we fund it on here ? 

Thank you Milan 

Thank you Chansiri

Please tell me these aren't still up on the Kop because that would be a major pìsstake

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Thank you Milan 

Thank you Chansiri

Please tell me these aren't still up on the Kop because that would be a major pìsstake

At least we have a genuine reason to thank Mandaric, he literally saved the club from going into liquidation at the hands of HMRC when nobody else was stepping up.

Chansiri though? Yeah thanks for a day out at Wembley, a flat pitch, a video screen, and the long long list of utter embarrassments.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

San Marino’s fans call themselves ‘The Brigade that has no joy’ “ . . . Sounds familiar...would make a spanking new banner instead of the DC one. can we fund it on here ? 

prefer some sort of black humour banner than the bloody thing thats up there now Davey mate....

I would also change the "CHANSIRI" on The North....

summat like 

"FFS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

On 17/11/2021 at 14:47, alanharper said:

At least we have a genuine reason to thank Mandaric, he literally saved the club from going into liquidation at the hands of HMRC when nobody else was stepping up.

Crikey - I genuinely thought people had stopped trotting this nonsense out YEARRRRS ago?!

He never ‘saved’ the club

He stepped in and snapped up a club at rocket bottom price, did some clever and effective PR to get fans eating out of his hands and then sold the club at a huge prrrrrrrofit and legged it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Crikey - I genuinely thought people had stopped trotting this nonsense out YEARRRRS ago?!

He stepped in and snapped up a club at rocket bottom price, did some clever and effective PR to get fans eating out of his hands and then sold the club at a huge prrrrrrrofit and legged it 

He did give Chansiri a plastic toy Owl as a present though 🤣

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So who else was going to step in and pay off HMRC and stop us being liquidated then? I don't remember there being a queue. 

• Like 3

Just now, alanharper said:

So who else was going to step in and pay off HMRC and stop us being liquidated then? I don't remember there being a queue. 

Again you're wanting to drag emotions into it

There was no emotion - it was a pure hard COLD business transaction where a wealthy man saw an opportunity to make a huge profit and become even wealthier

His PR was bang on point though - it really got the fans sucked into it

Like when Gary Megson used to kiss his badge and thump his chest

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There was no emotion - it was a pure hard COLD business transaction where a wealthy man saw an opportunity to make a huge profit and become even wealthier

Who else was ready to buy us though? What would have happened if Mandaric hadn't paid off the debts? 

Of course he was a businessman, and he made a tidy profit, but I don't begrudge him that at all, he put the initial cash up when nobody else would. Howard Wilkinson said it was one of the most important days in the history of the club, but what does he know...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Good For him .

and for us, we went from a mid table league 1 team to a mid table championship team under his ownership.

I am glad he made money out of it . 

• Like 1

Just now, mcmigo said:

Good For him .

and for us, we went from a mid table league 1 team to a mid table championship team under his ownership.

I am glad he made money out of it . 

Me too - totally

He was BRILLIANT at what he does

Doesn't mean he 'saved' anything though in an emotional sense

Owlstalk Shop