Barnsley appoint new manager

ANDY

10 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Potter did alright up in Scandinavia, I know he achieved much more but I’m sure Barnsley are been ran well.

Id take it for sure.

Potter having success in Europe and was managing a lot long. This guy has only a small amount of experience in a much lesser league than the championship. 

16 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Was gonna say this exactly. It's all about luck mainly I reckon. 

Isn't it a coincidence that the best ran clubs (I'm thinking West Brom, Brentford, Brighton, Millwall, Leicester etc) more often than not, end up with the good coaches.

As the saying goes, you make your own luck..

Must have decent pedigree to have coached sweden u21's

Another interesting appointment from them, sure there's far more that was done behind the scenes to find the right man than DC puts in to finding our new managers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 0742 said:

Another interesting appointment from them, sure there's far more that was done behind the scenes to find the right man than DC puts in to finding our new managers.

Well, who was England's u21 coach.... Ady whatshisname..awful coach 

37 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Well, who was England's u21 coach.... Ady whatshisname..awful coach 

He's not an awful coach at all. Maybe he's not a great manager, but coaching, he's got a decent rep amongst players. 

On 17/11/2021 at 14:26, 0742 said:

Gunna say I think he could be an interesting appointment, just feel sorry for the bloke when Graham from Birdwell is screaming "Nah then Poya tha gunna tell ah Cauley to stick i'tin goyl c0ck" 

• Haha 2

On 17/11/2021 at 14:52, Westfield Owl said:

Isn't it a coincidence that the best ran clubs (I'm thinking West Brom more often than not, end up with the good coaches.

As the saying goes, you make your own luck..

would this be the west brom that recent coaches have included  irvine,pulis and moore.?

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

would this be the west brom that recent coaches have included  irvine,pulis and moore.?

Any particular reason why you didn't highlight Roy Hodgson, Slaven Bilic and Steve Clarke?

Also, if you were going to select 3 of the worst West Brom managers in the last 15 years or so, why not include Bryan Robson, Alan Pardew and Sam Allardyce?

Poor effort mate.

• Like 1

On 17/11/2021 at 14:26, 0742 said:

Can you imagine the reaction if we had appointed someone like that, though? "What has he achieved", "not good enough for us", "not big enough for this job".......