Teach schoolchildren about Hillsborough and the fight for justice, urge MPs

Undecided if this is the right section for this.

Not sure how this would benefit children learning about it other than in a law lesson. From hearing him on the radio it sounds like it he wants it to be in the general curriculum and taught to all children.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/house-of-commons-hillsborough-mps-maria-eagle-richard-wheeler-b966605.html?amp

Absolutely they should. It should be in a section called corruption in public office. It should teach kids about how one thing happens and the state and press tell you something else happened. It’s become very popular I understand. I wonder if the MP would be happy for it cover corruption in parliament too. Like the expenses scandal and weapons of mass destruction, and dead weapons inspectors. I wonder if he would like them to know about Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith?

Or is it just police and football corruption he wants teaching?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The disaster is a stain on this club, but I believe all lessons that needed to be learned have been learnt.   The MP makes the mistake that no-one has been held responsible.  They have, the Taylor inquiry being the most notable.  The SYP and former employees of various forms have been tried in a court of law on criminal grounds and found not-guilty by a jury.    

There are lots of injustices out there, some others in South Yorkshire alone which are so inconvenient for public relations, the police and politicians turned a blind eye to the most depraved of criminality.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Manwë said:

The disaster is a stain on this club, but I believe all lessons that needed to be learned have been learnt.   The MP makes the mistake that no-one has been held responsible.  They have, the Taylor inquiry being the most notable.  The SYP and former employees of various forms have been tried in a court of law on criminal grounds and found not-guilty by a jury.    

There are lots of injustices out there, some others in South Yorkshire alone which are so inconvenient for public relations, the police and politicians turned a blind eye to the most depraved of criminality.

Should the Bradford and Ibrox disasters  be spoken about alongside Hillsborough as well?  Is it just that he doesn't want it be "forgotten" like Bradford and Ibrox pretty much have?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, darra said:

Undecided if this is the right section for this.

Not sure how this would benefit children learning about it other than in a law lesson. From hearing him on the radio it sounds like it he wants it to be in the general curriculum and taught to all children.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/house-of-commons-hillsborough-mps-maria-eagle-richard-wheeler-b966605.html?amp

Sod Hillsborough, teach the Kid's about the Miner's strike and it's affect on the social structure of the mining areas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Sod Hillsborough, teach the Kid's about the Miner's strike and it's affect on the social structure of the mining areas.

See my earlier post. 

4 hours ago, morganowl said:

hope we dont get like china n korea or the old ussr and start brainwashing our kids in school. not everything is black and white regards stuff like this . but im not going there as most of us know the facts. 

You can bore RIGHT off with that outdated tabloid sheeeeeite

Stop reading the Sun ffs

Owlstalk Shop