View from an Argyle fan

1 minute ago, Green Army said:

Just wanted to share my viewpoint if that is Ok regarding last night's game.

1)  For the first 15 / 20 minutes you tore us apart and where the best team I've seen in this division for a long time.

2)  We couldn't cope with your attacks down either wings and a bit more presence / movement in the box and you'd have had a field day.

3)  You gifted us possession for the first goal and then.....

4)  It honestly looked like your team gave up.  You stopped pressing, stopped being aggressive in attack and looked like a different team.

5)  Before the game my and my mates were looking at the two squads and trying to pick up best 11.  We picked two Argyle players - our goalie (who is going to be a star) and our striker - Hardie.  The rest were Wednesday players. 

6)  At the end of the game we wouldn't have picked any of your players....confidence is such a funny thing...Wednesday were like two different teams in the first half....Jekyll and Hyde.

7)  If I was the chairman  I'd phone the manager this morning and say if you ever play those centre halfs again then you're going to get sacked.

Finally a question...

You sold 1050 tickets for the game and about 300 showed up...why would so many people buy a ticket for a game they had no intention of attending?

£10 ticket means 10 points on to your account so you can get priority for future away league games. Simple really. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Green Army said:

1)  For the first 15 / 20 minutes you tore us apart and where the best team I've seen in this division for a long time.

2)  We couldn't cope with your attacks down either wings and a bit more presence / movement in the box and you'd have had a field day.

4)  It honestly looked like your team gave up.  You stopped pressing, stopped being aggressive in attack and looked like a different team.

5)  Before the game my and my mates were looking at the two squads and trying to pick up best 11.  We picked two Argyle players - our goalie (who is going to be a star) and our striker - Hardie.  The rest were Wednesday players. 

6)  At the end of the game we wouldn't have picked any of your players....confidence is such a funny thing...Wednesday were like two different teams in the first half....Jekyll and Hyde.

7)  If I was the chairman  I'd phone the manager this morning and say if you ever play those centre halfs again then you're going to get sacked.

Finally a question...

You sold 1050 tickets for the game and about 300 showed up...why would so many people buy a ticket for a game they had no intention of attending?

im in that too its because we like away days and need points to get tickets ,we like drinking not so much football . but a 12 hour return night game is impossible . 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Green Army said:

Finally a question...

Good summary.

Point 7 however is IMO due to the injury crisis. We had a striker and a right back playing in a central 3.

You could argue (which IMO would be warranted) that a recognised central defender in the youth set up would be more comfortable in central defence but Moore didn't go down that route. I just think with a younger player and protection from the midfield we may have been more competitive.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Green Army said:

Finally a question...

Wednesday sell out every Saturday away match.

So you need the priority points to get a ticket.

700+ people thought that was worth £10 to them.

• Like 1

Thank you green army for your measured response to the game.Sadly, it’s indicative of our club at the moment that last night, despite living 19 miles from the ground, I chose to stay at home and didn’t bother to follow the score on here preferring instead to watch The Repair Shop!!!
We are blessed with an absolute charlatan as an owner who has dragged the club through the dirt in the last 6 years, and who consistently appoints clueless managers on the say so of other ‘advisers’. Our current manager is the latest in a list of failures and is clearly clueless about planning, selection, training and every other aspect of his job…and neither of these people is accountable to anyone.

There appears to be no one checking up on their levels of performance or having appraisal meetings with them as most jobs these days demand. We, my friend, are a complete sh**show of a club…and will remain in League One for a long time given the current state of affairs. I wish your club every success this season and hope that the former Wednesday legend that is Ryan Lowe can take you to the promised land and beyond!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, Green Army said:

Finally a question...

All spot on Green Army.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Green Army said:

Finally a question...

Didn’t go or watch last night but that sounds like pretty much all of our games so far this season. We have a decent 20 minutes but don’t make the most of it and then capitulate when the opposites score. 

All the best to you for the rest of the season (apart from your second visit to Hillsborough), you look like a club that’s going places and I’ve always rated your support when we’ve been in the same division

• Like 2

All season we have committed players foreword for the first part of the games and leaving us exposed at the back 

We got away with it for a few games until other managers sussed us out 

The first game at Plymouth being a prime example 

A lot of posters on here have been saying we should Atack teams more but this has been our undoing especially now our defence has been decimated but Moore hasn’t been able to work out any other plan or tactic 

1 hour ago, Green Army said:

Finally a question...

1) You're too kind

2) Me and you could mark Berahino and Kamberi out of a game

3) We're rubbish in possession every game it's nothing new

4) That's the sign of a team not playing for their manager or believing in anything he wants from them

5) You're too kind

6) That's more like it

7) That's Moore for you. The more players out of position the better. Names out of a hat for centre back and wing back

• Haha 2